What do you associate yeast with? The first thing that comes to mind is fragrant and airy pastries.
But behind the gastronomic pleasures do not forget about beauty. A yeast face mask is a remedy for youthful or age-related skin problems.
What are the beneficial cosmetic properties of yeast? What effective masks can be prepared on their basis?
Yeast is a product of fungal origin. Fungi are, perhaps, the first microorganisms that people began to purposefully grow for a variety of needs.
Of course, the main field of application of dough is cooking. But also in folk cosmetology, the properties of this product are highly valued.
The yeast face mask rescues from many skin problems of beautiful women: from wrinkles, acne, oily shine, pigmentation, clogged pores. This is the most versatile tool in folk cosmetology.
Fungal substance contains a lot of components, each of which can bring the skin an invaluable benefit even separately.
What is so valuable face mask with yeast? Here is a list of the main nutrients that make up the dough.
- Vitamin B1. Normalizes cellular metabolism, makes tissue elastic.
- Vitamin B2. Accelerates the process of cell renewal and regeneration.
- Vitamin B5. Strengthens skin immunity and protects from harmful external influences.
- Folic acid . Relieves inflammation, dries out rashes, inhibits the spread of acne.
- Amino acids. They act as a catalyst for the production of your own collagen.
- Vitamin E. Awakens frozen cells, which helps smooth out wrinkles and creases, strengthen the facial contour.
- Niacin. It gives the skin a uniform, healthy and fresh tone.
- Biotin. Intensively moisturizes and nourishes dry skin, eliminates desquamation.
- Minerals Normalize the amount of sebum produced.
Using a tool such as a mask of yeast for the face, at home you can solve a number of skin problems. Without expensive cosmetics, without salon procedures.
Here are five basic tasks that yeast solves.
- Fat Yeast contributes to the pores and suppresses the activity of the sebaceous glands.
- Transitional age . Opara deeply cleanses the skin, pulling out of it pollution and pus, which prevents the further spread of acne, acne and inflammation.
- Wilt. The process of developing own collagen and elastin is resumed, which gives the tissues elasticity and smoothness.
- Dryness Subject to the presence of moisturizing ingredients in the mask, fungi enhance their action.
- Painful color. After a course of yeast masks, the skin will acquire a natural healthy color with a mother-of-pearl shade, and a blush will appear.
Since a dough mask is a specific means, there are a number of limitations to its use. Here is a list of the main contraindications:
- skin wounds, scratches, fresh burns;
- recent chemical peels, laser resurfacing and other cosmetic procedures;
- prolonged exposure to the sun;
- skin diseases of infectious or fungal nature;
- hypersensitivity of the dermis.
Homemade yeast cosmetics have a rich history. Recipes were handed down from generation to generation, which helped women to preserve beauty and youth for a long time in the absence of industrial cosmetics and salon procedures.
A great number of recipes have come down to us that, although they have undergone changes, have not lost their effectiveness.
Yeast is suitable for any type of dermis. There are a number of proven and popular recipes for solving a variety of problems – from bleaching to rejuvenation.
Instructions for preparing these mixtures are shown in the table below.
Table – Yeast Mask Recipes
|Against fat||– Yeast; |
– warm nonfat kefir (the mass should have the consistency of sour cream)
|Whitening||– Brewer’s yeast; |
– 3% hydrogen peroxide (the mixture should have the consistency of sour cream)
|To cleanse the pores||– 10 g yeast; |
– a tablespoon of warm water;
– a teaspoon of lemon juice;
– egg white (pre-beat)
|Nutritional||– 10 g yeast; |
– a tablespoon of watermelon juice;
– a tablespoon of strawberry puree
|From pigmentation||– 20 g yeast; |
– a quarter cup of cucumber juice
|Dryness||– 10 g yeast; |
– Three tablespoons of olive oil (preheat);
– a teaspoon of honey;
– egg yolk
|Cleansing||– Dry yeast; |
– warm milk (the mass should have a consistency of sour cream)
|For a healthy complexion||– 20 g yeast; |
– two tablespoons of lemon juice, grapefruit and currant (pre-heated)
|Acne||– 20 g yeast; |
– 20 g of oatmeal;
– a quarter cup of warm low-fat yogurt;
– egg white (pre-beat)
|Peeling||– 10 g yeast; |
– Two tablespoons of water (preheat);
– 5 g of sugar;
– three drops of camphor oil
A rejuvenating yeast face mask is a salvation for mature skin, on which the first signs of fading are already visible. Beneficial microorganisms activate the regenerative processes in the cells, which allows the dermis to become smooth and elastic again.
Five best recipes will help to restore your skin youth and health.
- Mix 50 g of yeast with 25 g of flour (rye works best).
- Mix with warm water to make the mass look like sour cream, and cover the container with a towel.
- Before use, let the dough wander for about a day.
- After washing, apply “AEVIT”.
- 10 g of beer or dry yeast, combine with a quarter cup of onion juice.
- Add a little honey.
- The procedure time is ten minutes.
- Brewer’s yeast and sour cream are mixed in equal quantities.
- Leave the mask on your face for a quarter of an hour.
- If during this time the mask dries out, before removing it you need to soak with a damp cotton swab or sprinkle with water from a spray bottle.
- 20 g of yeast should be combined with a spoonful of warm milk and give a little wander.
- Enter a teaspoon of honey into the mask.
- Squeeze a couple of fish oil capsules.
- Chop a large cabbage leaf in a blender, squeeze the juice and warm it slightly.
- Add yeast and honey (one teaspoon each).
- Moisten gauze or cotton cloth in the composition and apply to face for ten minutes.
The end result of using a mask depends largely on the quality of the preparation. There are three stages.
- Cleansing. Remove makeup and additionally treat the skin with baby soap.
- Steaming. Arrange a steam bath for your face by leaning over a container with hot herbal decoction. For dry skin, use linden, rose petals and chamomile. Oily epidermis responds well to oak bark and St. John’s wort. For problem dermis, plantain, calendula and raspberry leaves will do.
- Mechanical cleansing. Use a gentle scrub to remove dead cells that may interfere with yeast.
If you want to extract the maximum benefit from a yeast face mask, you will find a lot of recommendations in the comments of cosmetologists and ordinary women. Take on board the ten basic tips.
- The right water. For the fermentation process to take place faster, the yeast needs to be filled with warm liquid, but not boiling water, otherwise the beneficial fungi will die. It is better to use filtered, bottled or distilled water.
- Stir the brew. Otherwise, lumps may form.
- Full course. For a pronounced and sustained effect, you need to go through 10-15 procedures. Depending on the type of epidermis and the severity of the problem, the mask is made once or twice a week.
- Exposure time The vital activity of fungi lasts about 15 minutes – this is the optimal duration of the procedure. Later, the mask may begin to freeze on the face, which makes it more difficult to remove from the face.
- Wash with cool water. High temperatures can be stressful to the skin.
- Use fresh remedy. No need to prepare a mask for future use, because the activity of fungi is short-term.
- Listen to your skin. If you feel a burning sensation, itching, or any other discomfort, immediately wash off the mask.
- Use fresh yeast. A face mask from dry yeast will be less effective, since the powder is obtained as a result of heat treatment.
- Give your skin a break. On the day of the procedure, do not use decorative cosmetics.
- Relax. Facial muscles can not be strained during the procedure. Therefore, it is better to spend her lying down without talking.
Yeast is not just an ingredient in home baking. This is a “vitamin bomb”, due to which the skin is literally transformed, regardless of its type.
Yeast face mask against wrinkles, oily shine, peeling, acne and other troubles shows excellent results where professional cosmetics can be powerless.
“No more enlarged pores or inflammations”, – girls reviews about yeast cosmetics
I like the mask on the basis of yeast, honey and olive oil. Thanks to its use, my facial wrinkles were smoothed out and my complexion improved.
I had acne, and my doctor prescribed a yeast mask as an addition to the complex treatment. The result on the face.
After 3-4 procedures the skin of the face becomes soft, smooth. I still make such masks for myself, I am satisfied with the result.
For what I love yeast masks – they are always available, yeast is in the kitchen of any hostess. Such masks are easy to prepare, and the result pleases the owner of any skin. I have a combined skin type, so I make the most elemental mask – yeast is diluted with boiled water and a drop of lemon juice.
The mask is mushy and easy to apply on the face. I put on face.
Wash off after 20 minutes – the skin is fresh, clean, smooth. No enlarged pores or inflammations.
Be sure to wipe your face with a tonic.
I love various face masks and often do them. Yeast has also been made many times.
The effect is well noticeable. I have skin with oily T-zone, enlarged pores, inflammation.
After the yeast mask, the pores are narrowed, shine is removed. The skin becomes matte, looks refreshed. Before applying, the face must be steamed with a decoction of herbs, chamomile suits me well.
The only thing I don’t like in a yeast mask is the smell. But it is quite possible to accept him, because the results do not disappoint.
I have problem skin that periodically becomes inflamed. Used medical cosmetics, as a result, peeling appeared.
A yeast mask with kefir helped to clean the pores, reduce their appearance and improve the overall skin condition.