White clay is a unique natural material with centuries of cosmetic experience. With the help of this healing powder, girls cope with the most painful problems: early wrinkles, vitamin deficiency, acne. White clay face mask strengthens, cleans and tightens the dermis.
The tool occupies a leading position in the ranking of affordable and “working” home cosmetology products.
The miraculous possibilities of white clay (or scientifically, kaolin) were discovered several centuries ago in China. When the first deposits of this rock were discovered and its composition was investigated, the mineral immediately found application in medicine and cosmetology.
White clay is a powdery substance of white color, sometimes with a yellowish or gray-blue tint. It is mined in Russia, China, Bulgaria and Ukraine, undergoes special cleaning, then it is packaged and sent to pharmacy counters and shelves of cosmetics stores.
Nature has endowed kaolin with a whole “bunch” of trace elements that are beneficial to skin health. For example, the composition has zinc – a well-known antioxidant, a fighter against the harmful oxidizing effects of free radicals.
It has a drying, lightening effect on the skin, mattes and evens the complexion. What else is rich in white clay?
- Silicon. It stimulates the production of collagen, which is responsible for maintaining the elasticity of the epidermis.
- Manganese Degreases skin, gives noble dullness.
- Aluminum. It has a lifting effect, making the contours of the face clearer, and the upper layer of the dermis – smoother.
- Calcium. It nourishes the skin at the cellular level, is actively involved in metabolic processes, making the skin silky.
The natural composition of white clay is safe and has almost no contraindications, suitable for both normal and problem skin. The exception is the painful derma, so if you have skin diseases, extensive inflammation, you should consult with your doctor before use.
Kaolin in the composition of the masks has a complex effect on the skin. Women who regularly use this product for the purpose of facial care and healing the epidermis, note that the clay “takes” with it a whole set of problems, such as:
- wrinkles, fading, dullness. Due to the fact that kaolin provokes collagen synthesis, a face mask with white clay tightens the oval, smoothing wrinkles and providing a healthy color of the dermis;
- excessive pigmentation. Kaolin has a good whitening effect;
- minor inflammations, irritations. Due to the content of magnesium, calcium and other trace elements, white clay has a healing and soothing effect;
- excess shine. White clay masks dry the skin, narrow enlarged pores, normalize the activity of the sebaceous glands.
Before you start making and using white clay masks, you need to know some rules that will make the process of rejuvenation and treatment of the skin much more effective. There are five nuances.
- Cleansing. Before the procedure of clay recovery, clean your skin well. This will help ordinary washing with soft means. Make an easy peeling or scrubbing.
- Dishes . Use only glass or wood. Metal dishes are not suitable for mixing the components of clay masks, because the metal reacts with other chemical elements that are part of the clay, and can “neutralize” them.
- Consistency. Mix the mineral powder with water until you get a paste. Make sure that there are no lumps and the mass was not liquid, otherwise it will drain from the face.
- Application You can apply clay on the whole face, but avoiding the area around the eyes. Since clay has a drying effect, it can negatively affect sensitive skin, where sebaceous glands are absent.
- Time How much to keep the mask depends on the skin type. Five minutes is enough for dry skin. If the dermis is combined, the exposure time is increased to ten minutes, and if oily, to 20 minutes. The mask can be soaked with a sponge and then rinsed with water.
Beauties of the whole world experiment with recipes from white clay. As a result, a collection of proven tools has accumulated. Some have a pronounced rejuvenating effect, cracking down on the first wrinkles.
Others are recommended for cleansing and antiseptic action. Still others are suitable for reducing pigmentation and getting rid of acne.
Choose the most suitable recipe and start acting.
- Take equal proportions of clay powder and aloe juice.
- Add some mineral water to these ingredients.
- You can add two drops of tea tree oil.
- Time – 15-20 minutes.
- Put two tablespoons of cooked oatmeal in a bowl.
- Add one and a half tablespoons of white clay to porridge.
- Pour three tablespoons of warm milk into the mixture.
- All mix thoroughly, cover the face with gruel, leave for 20 minutes.
- Pour one tablespoon of white clay powder and the same amount of sea buckthorn oil into a bowl.
- Add two drops of neroli oil and tea tree.
- Dilute the mixture with one or two tablespoons of milk (the amount of liquid depends on the desired consistency of the mask).
- Apply to face, remove after 15 minutes.
- Take one tablespoon of white clay and twice as much cottage cheese.
- Add one dessert spoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide to the mixture.
- Add one yolk to gruel.
- Apply a thin layer.
- Take off after 20 minutes.
- Mix in equal proportions of white clay and water (for example, one tablespoon).
- Add two drops of tea tree and geranium oils.
- The next component is freshly squeezed lemon juice. He will need one teaspoon.
- The session lasts 15 minutes.
- Take one tablespoon of clay and combine with the same amount of mashed peach, strawberry, apricot or apple.
- Add a teaspoon of 20% sour cream.
- Cover the skin. Ensure that the mixture does not get into eyes.
- Session time is 10-15 minutes.
Since women have long used white clay masks for the face, there are a lot of reviews on this cosmetic material on the Internet. And it is clear that white clay face mask at home attracts beauties not only with their properties, but also with a “penny” price – in pharmacies, a hundred gram pack of kaolin costs on average from 20 to 50 rubles, depending on the manufacturer. (Cost is as of May 2017).
Thus, the tool works on the principle of three “D”: affordable, cheap, effective.
I know a long time that white clay is a good tool for cosmetic procedures, but I recently decided to try it myself, having listened to the advice of a familiar cosmetologist. My white clay from Bulgaria, bought it there when I was vacationing on the sea, it is written on the package that it is mined in the Rhodopes – these are mountains in Bulgaria. I diluted her with lavadova or pink water, brought from there too, I make masks 2 times a week – this is enough to remove dry skin, irritation, black dots, refresh the skin and make it tender, but I would argue about pigment spots …
Clay is simply irreplaceable, especially considering its cost! I always have a few packs in reserve!
I also think that there are no better masks for the face than from clay. Often I buy clay for masks in pharmacies.
Good effect and inexpensive at all!
I tried several different “colored” clays, but I like white here the most. Rather suitable for my skin better than others.
♥ ABOUT MY SKIN ♥
I don’t say that my skin is problematic, I have it combined, sensitive, there are black dots, irregularities. There is no acne per se, but sometimes a couple of such “buddies” come out and leave traces after leaving. So here.
I struggle with all these problems in a complex, and white clay is also included in this complex.