A slice of watermelon on a hot summer day becomes a real salvation from thirst. This juicy “berry” is as much as 90% water. In its sweet juice dissolved a variety of nutrients and vitamins that can heal the body inside and out.
Lovers of natural cosmetics did not fail to take advantage of this – a watermelon face mask is known as a tool that can nourish moisture on even the most dried up skin.
The cosmetic properties of watermelon opened not so long ago, but already now those who have tried watermelon tonics and masks, leave rave reviews about this sweet way to take care of the skin of the face. To better understand why watermelon is considered so useful, you need to know what lies under its striped shell.
“Ascorbinka”, retinol and other beauty enhancers in the composition
Watermelon is often called a berry or fruit, but not so simple. This fruit is not accidentally has such an impressive size. Watermelon has a gourd origin and belongs to the pumpkin family.
Berry was nicknamed for its similar structure with this delicacy.
Watermelon is used not only as food, but also for medical purposes. It is considered one of the best natural diuretics, helps to calm inflammatory processes, is used as a febrifuge and tonic.
Of considerable importance is the fruit pulp and to restore the skin. Watermelon face mask effectively refreshes and moisturizes the epidermis, serves as an antioxidant, helps to compensate for the deficiency of certain nutrients.
What is the “strength” of this sugar fruit and how does it act on the skin of the face?
- Rejuvenates Watermelon contains a large amount of vitamin C, which plays an important protective function for the epidermis. It protects the skin from exposure to ultraviolet rays, “improves” the work of skin immunity. “Ascorbinka” is an antioxidant, fights free radicals, provocateurs of oncology.
- Whitens. Vitamin C not only stimulates the production of collagen, which makes the skin more elastic and elastic. It performs the function of a light “bleach” – brightens pigment spots and freckles, evens the complexion. It slows down the process of fading, gives the skin strength and freshness.
- Sates with iron. Watermelon – supplier of iron. With a deficiency of this element, the skin becomes vulnerable, pale and lethargic. A lack of iron can lead to increased dryness and flaking of the skin. Fresh watermelon juice will help fill the lack of this element.
- Prevents couperose. Calcium contained in watermelon plays a significant role in strengthening the walls of blood vessels, prevents the development of rosacea and improves blood supply to cells. Lack of calcium leads to flabbiness and dryness, the barrier function of the skin decreases. In addition, calcium cleans and tightens pores.
- Treats acne. Watermelon is a source of vitamin A. Retinol activates natural growth and cell renewal, is a powerful antioxidant, improves blood circulation and metabolism. It protects the skin, helps in the treatment of inflammatory processes, for example, the appearance of acne or acne.
Quality watermelon is a hypoallergenic product. It has practically no contraindications, it is well suited for oily and normal skin of the face, and for dry skin it can be a salutary source of missing moisture.
Due to its valuable composition, a watermelon mask is used not only against wrinkles, but also to solve many skin problems. Natural cosmetics with watermelon are used in the following cases:
- for the treatment of inflamed and irritated skin;
- to eliminate acne and acne;
- for treating acne;
- if the skin is dry, strained or dehydrated;
- to improve the tone of loose skin;
- to combat cellulite;
- to eliminate the increased greasiness of the skin;
- for smoothing fine wrinkles;
- for clarification of spots and freckles.
Do not neglect the “seasonality” of dessert and buy the first fruit in the store. Watermelons grown in greenhouses or with the help of chemicals, do not carry the nutritional value, and in some cases may even harm, cause allergies, poisoning. How to recognize a good product?
Next – five tips.
- The season starts in August. More precisely towards the end of the third summer month. Early autumn is the ideal time to buy a watermelon, when the risk of choosing an unripe or “stuffed” fruit is minimized.
- Preference – proven shopping. Many reviews suggest that it is better not to buy watermelons from street vendors. It is unlikely that in such trays will be able to give a guarantee of quality and naturalness of the fruit: not everyone can boast of having a certificate, compliance with sanitary standards.
- “Appearance” matters. Striped peel should be bright, contrast and shiny. It should not be scratches, dents or cuts – through these “cracks” easily penetrate the harmful microbes. On the surface you can usually find a small yellowish spot – this is good, the watermelon lay on the field for a long time, basking in the sun and ripening. It is important that the shell is hard – it can not be pierced with a fingernail or even crushed. It is better to choose a medium-sized watermelon – eliminating the likelihood of buying “green” or overripe fruit.
- The fruit must “sound.” When “tapping” a watermelon with the palm of your hand, there should be a clear, clear sound. There is one more way: bring the watermelon to your ear and squeeze it hard with your hands – the crust should crack slightly. All this means that the skin has ripened, and inside the watermelon has become a bit loose, which causes such an echo.
- Home check. You can not ask to cut a piece of watermelon right in the store to see what it is inside. This can lead to the ingress of pathogenic bacteria. Therefore, viewing the pulp at home can be considered a control test for an already purchased “fruit”. It should be a bit loose and juicy. Smooth pale flesh with yellow veins – a clear sign of immature or low-quality watermelon.
For convenience, it is better to prepare everything you need in advance. You will need makeup remover, lotion or tonic for washing and a warm wet towel.
It is better to “bang the mask” before the skin is steamed out so that the pores after exposure to the steam do not have time to narrow. How to clean the face?
- Make up remover Remove all makeup with a special tool. Wash your face
- Tonic Use a moisturizing toner and cotton pad to cleanse the skin of impurities and sweat.
- Steaming. To do this, take a towel of medium hardness, slightly wet it with hot water and apply to the face. Wait for it to cool and repeat the procedure two more times.
After cleaning, you can proceed to the most enjoyable – applying a watermelon mask. Most tools with watermelon pulp are prepared very easily. The easiest and most practical option for a watermelon mask is to moisten a piece of natural fabric or gauze in watermelon juice and apply to the face for ten minutes.
The result is moisturized, refreshed skin. For a longer and better result, you need additional ingredients and a bit of your time.
Action A face mask of watermelon and honey moisturizes and nourishes the skin with nutrients and trace elements, eliminates inflammation, fights acne. A positive effect on skin tone, smoothes fine wrinkles.
- Place two teaspoons of watermelon pulp in a bowl and knead it well.
- Add one teaspoon of honey to the bowl.
- Pour into the resulting “dessert” one teaspoon of full-fat milk or cream and mix well until a homogeneous slurry.
- Lubricate the skin with the mixture and leave for 20 minutes. This mask is best done lying down, as it can drain from the face.
- After the time has elapsed, rinse off with a cotton pad and tonic.
- Apply regular face cream.
Action eliminates excess sebum, nourishes and moisturizes the epidermis, contributes to the narrowing of pores. Suitable for oily and combination skin.
- Beat the whisk or fork with the whites and place in the fridge for ten minutes.
- Get protein, add two tablespoons of watermelon pulp to it. Mix the ingredients.
- Apply to face for 20 minutes.
- Wash and apply daily cream.
Action Watermelon in combination with cucumber intensively moisturize the skin and have a lightening effect. Helps in treating acne.
Suitable for dry, dehydrated skin.
- Put in a small bowl two teaspoons of mashed watermelon pulp.
- Grind a little or knead the pulp of cucumber to make mashed potatoes and add to the watermelon.
- Stir until a homogeneous slurry.
- Apply on face and wait for 20 minutes.
- Wash off the cucumber mask with herbal decoction.
- Apply a nourishing cream.
Action Softens coarse cover, makes it smooth, creates the effect of “velvet” skin.
- Mash in a bowl one tablespoon of watermelon pulp.
- Also knead one tablespoon of ripe plum pulp and mix it with watermelon.
- Add half a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Cover with a mixture of skin and wait for 20 minutes.
- Carefully rinse and apply cream for daily care.
A mask with watermelon for the face will be as useful as possible if you take the pulp from the very core of the watermelon – it contains the greatest amount of nutrients, sugars and trace elements. Also remember that the result of the procedure depends on the quality of the selected products.
“Applied on the face, and … a miracle!” – Reviews of watermelon cosmetics
One egg yolk, a tablespoon of fresh watermelon juice. You can also add the juice of any seasonal berries. Apply the mixture with a cotton swab on the face.
Layers apply as they dry. If there is no such possibility or patience, you can add flour or starch to the mixture.
Bring to the consistency of sour cream and the mask is ready. Apply to cleansed face for 30 minutes.
Then rinse with warm water.
I adore this mask – the face is bleached, the complexion is leveled, the vessels narrow, a feeling of fullness appears.
I took a mask with vitamin E … and added watermelon flesh to it. Has put on the face, has waited and .. a miracle. The face is soft moisturized.
Not at all sticky and not sweet, I didn’t even have to wash it off.
I want to share the recipe for a watermelon face mask. To do this, you will need: semolina porridge with milk, two tablespoons of watermelon juice, egg yolk, one spoon of vegetable oil, and a little honey and salt, mix everything up to a thick mass. Apply on face and rinse off after twenty minutes!
Very good mask! Refreshes, nourishes, the skin after it is tender!
Watermelon is useful because it is not only tasty, but also rich in iron, vitamin C, carotene and folic acid. The juice is sweet, taste awesome!
In addition, you can make anti-aging face masks, lose weight with watermelon juice, and simply remove toxins from the body! So watermelon is both tasty, healthy and healthy!