Age-related skin changes are inevitable. Its elasticity depends on the rate of production of collagen and elastin by the body, which decreases every year. The rapid regeneration of tissues inherent in youth makes it possible to obtain a good result from the use of almost any care product.
But over time, the skin is no longer able to compensate for the shortcomings of cosmetics due to its own resources. And so the question of how to make natural, effective tightening face masks at home, is becoming particularly relevant.
After 30 years, the skin becomes more fastidious, sensitive to everything that falls on its surface. And you can easily “reject” the tool that you have so far safely used on an ongoing basis. This is usually associated with the hormonal instability that appears at this time in combination with the already noticeable slowdown in the regeneration of the epidermis (surface layer).
Hence the negative reviews of store cosmetics, the bulk of which falls on the transition from adolescence to maturity.
In fact, cosmetics, which helped us so well earlier, did not become worse. Just changed the reaction. Specific proteins elastin and collagen are responsible for the regeneration and elasticity of the skin.
They are synthesized in the body itself. (The same proteins are very important for vessels, cartilage, some other types of tissue). Over the years, the thickness of the collagen layer decreases, in the processes of its synthesis failures are increasingly observed.
The skin is getting weaker and older.
As a result of skin loss of elasticity, wrinkles appear on the face. Their gradual deepening becomes noticeable after 40 years. And after 50 years, even the oval of the face begins to “blur”, previously imperceptible, and now greatly enlarged pores appear.
These are the main external signs of aging. In addition to them, there are still secondary – for example, pigment spots.
When we prepare tightening face masks at home, we strive to eliminate visual flaws. This, of course, is important.
But it is necessary to select means that not only temporarily mask the shortcomings, but act in a complex, deep way. What natural hand-made cosmetics meet these requirements?
Below we consider the four main types of home masks for the face, tightening the skin.
- Protein. Masks based on egg yolk, protein or gelatin are saturated with amino acids – “building blocks”, from which all cells and tissues of the body are built. We usually get them from food – products of animal origin. But with age this becomes insufficient (due to the deterioration of the blood supply to the skin). “Address” of their delivery allows you to bypass the mechanism of aging, through which wrinkles appear. Therefore, the protein masks are famous for the most pronounced tightening, rejuvenating effect. They are perfectly combined with milk and dairy products. Such an additive gives them whitening properties, which improves the complexion.
- Paraffin. They well soften the surface (horny) layer of the skin. In addition, they warm it, because such a base retains heat for a long time. This allows you to improve blood flow to the skin of the face and speed up its regeneration. If you need additional effects, you can add fresh aloe juice, olive, cottonseed, cocoa butter, the contents of three capsules of the AEVIT pharmacy drug to paraffin. Paraffin masks are indispensable in winter, but they should not be used for acne and rosacea (due to the warming effect). They also have a pronounced comedogenic effect (provokes the appearance of comedones), and therefore are not recommended for use more than once a week.
- Honey. On the contrary, they perfectly cleanse the pores, eliminate the oily shine and improve the complexion, supply the skin with a number of vitamins and microelements. In addition, they are rich in several types of sugar, which significantly speeds up the absorption of components from these substances. Lifting on the basis of honey provides adding to it lemon juice, strong brewed black tea, dairy products. But in itself, the honey mask provides more nutrition, and skin tightening occurs by balancing the metabolic processes. Such means are strictly contraindicated in allergies, and not only for honey.
- Clay Masks based on clay are especially valuable because of the abundance of minerals in them – elements necessary for the body, which are almost always lacking in the diet. The main part of them tightens the skin, slightly drying it. In addition, the smoothing of small wrinkles is achieved due to the strong anti-inflammatory properties that all types of clay have. The most pronounced rejuvenating effect distinguishes white, blue and green clay. Cosmetic clay is hypoallergenic, but different colors should be chosen for different skin types. So, red, yellow and black clay are suitable for problem skin, and white or blue – for oily. Dry is best moisturize green or gray clay, and red will most quickly relieve inflammation with a tendency of the person to irritation.
Among all the pull-up home remedies, gelatin masks are especially popular. After all, the main problem with age-related deficiency of collagen and elastin is that the body no longer produces them in sufficient volume on its own.
Gelatin, being essentially split collagen, gives a compensating effect.
It is important that gelatinous means solve a number of associated problems: not only rejuvenate, but also cleanse, moisturize the skin, “pull” black dots. There are two main approaches to the use of gelatin masks.
In fact, these are two basic recipes that can be supplemented depending on the individual needs of your skin.
Due to its viscous, film texture, masks for lifting the face on a gelatin basis are also an excellent scrub, cleansing the face from the horny particles. This allows you to add skin freshness and further smooth out wrinkles.
But to achieve a similar effect, the mask must be removed just like a film – in a frozen form, which is not always pleasant. It is much more comfortable to wash it away, especially for sensitive or irritated skin, although this greatly reduces its cleansing properties.
How to prepare such a tool?
- Fresh apple juice – a tablespoon.
- Gelatin – 10 g.
- Castor oil — five drops.
- Put all ingredients in a bowl of a blender or food processor, mix until smooth, beating them at high speed for 30 seconds.
- Transfer the mixture to a heat-resistant dish, put it in a water bath and heat until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Remove the mask from the heat, cool to a suitable temperature on the face and apply a thick layer on the face with a wide brush, avoiding the lips and skin around the eyes.
- Leave for 20-30 minutes.
In addition to the thinning of the collagen layer, the skin is aging also because over the years it loses its ability to retain water. Dehydration makes its surface dry, yellowish, and texture – loose.
And only a mask for lifting the contour of the face this problem can not be solved.
Therefore, the increase in tone and elasticity must be combined with saturation with liquid. It is also good that it is easy to combine these two effects we need within the same procedure, having made a moisturizing mask based on gelatin.
The mask described below deeply moisturizes and softens even very dehydrated skin, improves capillary blood circulation in it due to glycerin. And intensive blood flow accelerates the process of absorption and absorption of animal proteins by the skin of animals.
- 1% glycerin – 5 ml.
- Milk (2.5% fat) – a teaspoon.
- Gelatin – a teaspoon.
- Pour milk and glycerin into enameled or other heat-resistant dishes, heat them (but do not boil!) To a temperature just above body temperature.
- Remove the mixture from the heat, add gelatin to it and dissolve it, stirring constantly, intensively.
- Leave the resulting solution for another minute, covered with a lid, so that it is slightly swollen.
- After that, the mask should be applied in a dense layer, avoiding the lips and skin around the eyes, and leave for 20 minutes.
Masks for lifting the face on the basis of gelatin in any case increase the elasticity and elasticity of the skin, making it younger in appearance and feel. But you can add any other ingredients to the base component, depending on the goal.
So, a teaspoon of chamomile decoction will allow you to create a soothing mask. A teaspoon of broth grass celandine – anti-inflammatory.
If you add honey, cucumber or banana to the mask for facelift at home, it will also become nutritious. At the same time, one should not forget about moderation, since homemade face care products are much more effective than their store counterparts. Their too frequent use or the abundance of components in the composition can lead to allergic reactions and even the development of sustainable allergies.
Gelatinous pull-ups are used no more than once or twice a week.