Recently, the Fishtail spit has become very fashionable. In its shape, this pigtail resembles the tail of a fish – from this and went such a name.
This is a rather unusual and very beautiful hairstyle that will suit all owners of long hair!
Ideally, the hair for this braid should be straight and long. But do not despair if you do not have such hair.
As practice shows, a pigtail looks great on curly hair and on highlights and on hair of medium length.
Before weaving you should comb your hair well with a comb and wet it a little with water, it will not allow your hair to mess up and electrify.
- Comb your hair thoroughly. Separate them in two at the back of the head.
- Holding the hair with your left hand, with your right hand, separate a small strand on the right side of the right half of the hair.
- Flip this order and connect it with the right edge of the left half. Straighten your hair.
- Take both halves of hair in your right hand, and the left separate a thin strand on the left side of the left half.
- Flip this order and connect it with the left edge of the right half. Straighten your hair.
- Continue weaving the braid by performing steps 2-5. Bridged strands must have the same thickness.
- Comb your hair back. On the right and left temporal zone, separate each strand of hair. The thickness of the strands should not exceed 2 cm.
- Blend selected strands back to the back of the head and cross them.
- Holding the beginning of the tail with one hand, with the other hand, separate the new strand from the side convenient for you and cross it over the upper strand of the weave.
- Repeat these steps until you reach the line of hair growth.
- When finished weaving a braid, secure it with a rubber band or barrette.
- Collect the hair in the tail. Comb them.
- Divide the tail into two equal halves.
- Separate a small strand from the right side of the tail and wind up to the left side of the tail.
- Separate a small strand from the left side of the tail and wind up to the right side of the tail.
- As a result, you should have a cross of the first strands. Continue weaving on item 3-4.
After you learn the basic patterns of weaving the “Fishtail” braid, you can proceed to different variations of this hairstyle. For example, you can braid a braid not too tight – but rather weakly, you can braid it laterally on the head (from left to right or from right to left).
It is also permissible to weave two or three braids at once. Try not to braid from the sides, but immediately from the forehead – it also looks very nice.
You can start weaving on the sides (one braid on the right and left) and then go into one common braid.
In general, as you see, there are a huge variety of variants! Do not be afraid to experiment!