Even in the Middle Ages, healers recommended sesame for the treatment of the female body. The seeds of the plant, rich in vitamins, amino acids and antioxidants, were consumed raw or their broths were prepared on their basis. Especially popular is sesame oil, which is still used in folk, occupational medicine and cosmetology.
Beauties around the world appreciate this tool as an alternative to anti-aging creams and anti-aging procedures. In addition, sesame oil for the face is used as food, protection.
And this is not the whole range of its literally magical properties.
Sesame, or otherwise til, began to be used for medical and nutritional purposes seven centuries ago in South Africa. Then the seeds of this oilseed became popular in India and in the countries of Central Asia.
Ancient researchers of natural medicine have concluded that sesame “juice” is especially effective for rejuvenating fading facial skin.
The beneficial properties of sesame oil for the face are not limited to the nourishing and tightening effect. No wonder the extract of small seeds in antiquity was considered the elixir of beauty and immortality: sesame has a healing effect on the entire body.
It should be borne in mind that when processing seeds into oil, the initial chemical composition of the product changes. And in the “juice” is no longer amino acids, a generous set of minerals and vitamins, as in whole seeds.
But there is an increased concentration of precisely those substances that are important for the health of the epidermis. What is part of the sesame seed oil, why is the product so useful?
- Unsaturated fatty acids. These “comrades” protect skin cells from the effects of free radicals, retain moisture, relieve inflammation, heal, prevent acne, perform a protective function. And also give the skin immunity, prevent the occurrence of seasonal avitaminosis.
- Tocopherol. Vitamin E beauty is necessary for the skin to produce collagen and elastin, which are responsible for the elasticity of the epidermis, are engaged in “tightening” the oval face.
- Sesamin. Works as an antioxidant, enhances the effect of vitamin E.
- Beta-sitosterol. It improves blood circulation, and therefore increases the flow of oxygen to the tissues. Removes swelling, stimulates collagen production, dries acne. It is a natural UV filter.
With its regular use in the composition of masks, creams and lotions, the dermis noticeably tightens, fine wrinkles are smoothed out, the face acquires a radiant and healthy look. Like many other products from the “natural medicine cabinet”, sesame oil is not suitable for everyone.
Apply sesame product on the skin should be, given the recommendations of experts. What are the indications for use?
- The first signs of aging. Your skin has lost its former elasticity and elasticity, the first mimic folds appeared on it near the lips, on the forehead, near the eyes. According to women’s reviews on beauty forums, sesame oil for the face is a great anti-wrinkle medicine.
- Dry, peeling skin. You feel that your skin lacks moisture, your face looks dull and tired.
- Avitaminosis. Its main signs are: loss of healthy complexion, blurred lines, rashes in the form of acne, blackheads, small redness. The beneficial properties of sesame oil for the face in this case are that the product will compensate for the lack of active nutrients.
But it must be borne in mind that this tool has a number of contraindications. And if you ignore them, you can harm the skin: rash, itching, irritation and other allergic reactions are possible. So, do not apply sesame product, if diagnosed:
- individual intolerance;
- couperosis, skin diseases;
- large foci of inflammation on the face;
- open injuries (abrasions, scratches).
Modern beauties use sesame oil for face wrinkles universally. This means that you can safely add it to your usual lotions and creams.
And you can use the simplest recipe: before going to bed, wipe cleansed skin with a cotton pad moistened in oil (preheated). This method does not damage the skin around the eyes: gently “drive in” the oil in this area with your fingertips.
If the oil is applied regularly, it will refresh, even out and tighten the skin. Will protect from exposure to sunlight, moisturize and nourish.
How to use sesame oil for the face in home cosmetology yet? For a deeper impact, you can use the simplest recipes for masks based on sesame seed oil.
- Take 15 ml of sesame oil and one egg.
- Beat with a fork.
- Hold 15 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
- Sesame butter combine with one tablespoon of homemade sour cream in equal proportions.
- Hold for 20 minutes.
- Wash with water at room temperature.
- Combine 15 ml of sesame seed and cocoa butter (baked) in the same container.
- Apply to the skin before bedtime – about an hour.
- Pour 50 ml of sesame oil and 15 ml of glycerin into a bowl.
- Add 50 g fresh cucumber puree.
- Enter a drop of essential oils of mint and lemon.
- Mask hold for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix grated ginger root, lemon fresh juice and sesame juice. All three components – a tablespoon.
- Apply the mixture on a clean face.
- After 20 minutes, wash with warm water.
- Crush 50 g of fresh yeast.
- Add a teaspoon of lemon juice and sesame oil.
- When the mask dries, wash with water at room temperature.
But the use of sesame oil for the face is not limited to external procedures. The product helps the skin, hair and nails from the inside.
To do this, it is enough to take it for two or three teaspoons per day. Sesame is used, for example, as a dressing for vegetable salads.
Only you need to avoid those vegetables, where in the composition there is oxalic acid. With her til incompatible.
Also, the product can not be used with varicose veins and in parallel with aspirin.
“The results are visible literally in 10 days”, – the girls reviews about sesame oil
I use food sesame oil of Indian production (light) for the preparation of aroma mixtures for self-massage. it is a good preservative and if the mixture is not used immediately, it does not disappear. Can be mixed with grape seed, with jojoba.
Svetlana, Moscow, //forum.aromarti.ru/showthread.php?t=102
I also really liked sesame oil! I use the third day – at first I thought I would combine it with an industrial cream – but no, as long as I manage without them.
Absorbs quickly. I put the disc dipped in pink water – a very pleasant feeling, and the aroma is so beautiful!
Apply and under the eyes. On the first day, the skin peeled a little and there was a feeling of tightness on the cheeks, on the second it was better, but today it is even better, there is almost no tightness and little flaking.
I look better and the pores are not clogged yet (they even somehow shrank … or it seems to me) – I will be testing until the end of the week.
Sonia, Moscow, //forum.aromarti.ru/showthread.php?t=102
About the usefulness of sesame oil learned relatively recently. It’s good that now you can buy almost everything in stores.
I like to add it to salads. And I also lubricate the skin around my eyes with sesame oil every evening.
The results became visible in just 10 days.