In ancient Egypt, it was called “living water.” Today it is in demand in dietetics, traditional medicine, cosmetology.
And women leading a merciless war against wrinkles, assure that it is better to simply not find the means. It’s about linseed oil.
So, how to apply linseed oil for the face and what benefits does it bring?
Linseed oil belongs to the universal cosmetology tools. It protects the skin from aging, comes to the aid in the treatment of acne. The oil gently nourishes the dermis.
It is used for the treatment of severe dermatological diseases such as eczema, psoriasis. In order for the oil to bring maximum benefit and not cause harm, cosmetologists recommend that you familiarize yourself with some of the features in its application.
Linseed oil for the face: super properties and possible harm
In cosmetology only unrefined oil obtained by cold pressing is used. It is the crude flax product that is considered to be a real champion in the content of unsaturated fatty acids, such as Omega-3, 6, 9.
The body is not able to produce these substances on its own, but must receive it. A deficiency of fatty acids leads to the development of dryness, flaking of the skin, the appearance of inflammation, itching, and sometimes the development of skin diseases.
Useful properties of flax product are enclosed in its rich composition.
- Unsaturated acids. They regenerate the skin, start the process of cell renewal, activate collagen synthesis. All these processes contribute to the rejuvenation of the dermis.
- Folic acid . Without her involvement, skin inflammation and irritation can be treated for a long time. Acid provides protection against harmful external influences.
- Thiamine The necessary moisture and smoothness of the skin will give beauty vitamin, better known as B1.
- Niacin. Vitamin P is useful for the epidermis. It stimulates collagen production, smoothes out small wrinkles, deeply tones the skin and provides it with a natural tone.
- Choline. It activates the metabolism. Accelerated metabolism allows the dermis to get rid of harmful toxins. Vitamin B4 eliminates irritation and inflammation on the face.
- Phylloquinone. Vitamin K is suitable for lightening freckles and pigment spots. It possesses not only bleaching properties, but also is able to eliminate puffiness, remove circles under the eyes.
- Retinol. Vitamin A is recommended for inflammations, acne and skin irritations. It accelerates collagen synthesis and is able to fight wrinkles, stretch marks on the skin and even scars.
- Tocopherol. This is a famous vitamin of youth. It is vitamin E that is involved in almost all age-related processes in the dermis. Tocopherol smoothes wrinkles, renews tissues at the cellular level, levels the relief, tightens the epidermis.
Oil is applied to any type of dermis. Even owners of sensitive skin can pamper their face with an oily product. Cosmetologists, given the healing properties of the oil, give the following indications for its use:
- exfoliation and excessive dryness;
- irritation, inflammation;
- the need for anti-aging preventive measures.
The benefits of this natural “doctor” for the skin is invaluable. But sometimes oil can be harmful. It is, under certain conditions, able to saturate the epidermis with harmful radicals.
These substances, if their number exceeds the permissible level in the body, affect DNA, provoking cellular mutations. And also lead to rapid aging, the development of cancer cells.
Why does a useful product turn into poison? Flaxseed, due to the large amount of fatty acids, is able to quickly oxidize under the influence of sunlight, heat, high temperatures.
As a result, free radicals appear in the oily substance.
Oil is allowed to use undiluted. This is especially useful for mature, withering, prone to dry skin and dry skin.
And the owners of fat epidermis from the use of undiluted oil is better to refuse.
In cosmetology, flax product is included in the composition of masks, compresses, lotions, lotions. In order for the oil to fully show all its beneficial properties, be sure to consider the type of epidermis.
The easiest way is to daily wipe the dermis after washing with a clean product. It is better to use it before bedtime. Linseed oil will completely replace night cream.
To provide nutrition, toning and moisturizing of the epidermis, the following hand-made cosmetics and masks are recommended.
What gives . It will help to cope with the peeling, fatigue of the dermis.
- Egg yolk is mixed with one teaspoon of honey.
- Add a spoonful of butter.
- Mask impose on a quarter of an hour.
What gives . This tool allows you to deeply moisturize and nourish dry integuments.
- A tablespoon of yeast should be diluted with two spoons of warm milk. Ten minutes is enough for the product to ferment well.
- To such yeast is added one teaspoon of linseed oil, honey and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Use liquid honey. After all, it is rich in nutrients.
- The last component of the nutrient – half a tablespoon of sour cream.
- All ingredients are thoroughly mixed. The mask is applied for 20 minutes.
What gives . Such a tool will remove dead cells from the dry integument and remove contamination.
- One spoonful of oatmeal is ground in a coffee grinder.
- Oatmeal is mixed with a spoonful of butter.
- The tool must be mixed and allow the oatmeal to swell for 15 minutes.
- Scrub gently massage the skin. Wash off the product in ten minutes.
Useful flaxseed product for oily skin. If the oil is used correctly, its effect on the epidermis can be compared with the effect of local hormones. It helps to normalize the functioning of the sebaceous glands, thereby significantly reduces the fat content of the integument.
Beauticians recommend to pay attention to the following mask recipes.
What gives . This remedy relieves greasiness well and provides the derma with a natural shade.
- Spoon of chopped wheat (or flour) is poured with three spoons of low-fat kefir.
- Then a teaspoon of flax oil and a spoonful of lemon juice are added to the mixture.
- Then pour a pinch of salt.
- Thoroughly mixed and applied to the skin.
What gives . Clay is a unique component that allows you to reduce epidermal greasiness, but does not cause it to dry. It is better to choose blue clay.
With a tendency to rash – use white.
- Dissolve one spoonful of clay with a spoonful of flaxseed product.
- Knead the product well.
- Apply for 15 minutes on the epidermis.
What gives . Flaxseed mask for the face is recommended in the presence of acne on the greasy dermis.
- A spoonful of raw material is pre-crushed and combined with a spoon of blue clay.
- The mixture is diluted with a tablespoon of green tea.
- If desired, add three drops of grapefruit, lemon or tea tree ether.
Beauticians it is flaxseed oil is recommended to use for problem skin. It effectively relieves acne, blackheads, protects the dermis from the re-formation of acne and reduces the severity of inflammation. At the same time, the oil provides a mild effect and does not injure the epidermis.
Apply linseed oil for the face of acne in the form of the following masks.
What gives . It is recommended to eliminate acne and to get rid of black spots.
- A tablespoon of rice is ground to a state of flour.
- To it add a dessert spoon of butter and a tablespoon of lemon juice. For the preparation of cosmetics it is recommended to use fresh lemon and it is completely undesirable to add ready-made juices to the mask.
- Mask gently massage the dermis. Wash the mixture after 15 minutes.
- It is recommended to repeat the procedure every other day.
What gives . It helps eliminate acne, relieves inflammation. The product cleanses the pores and improves the complexion.
- Five tablets of white coal are crushed.
- The powder is poured over two tablespoons of flaxseed product.
- Three to four drops of lavender, rosemary, lemon essential oil and grapefruit are added to the mixture.
- Apply scrub mask for ten minutes. The following mask can be done every other day.
What gives . It will help to deal with acne. The mask cleans pus well.
- 10 g of streptocide must be crushed and combined with 50 ml of linseed oil.
- The resulting mixture is applied only to the affected areas of the dermis and leave for one hour.
- It is recommended to repeat this treatment twice a day until the acne is completely eliminated.
For the dermis, not prone to greasiness, experts recommend using oil in its pure form. If you apply flaxseed to cleansed skin daily, then after a few days, you can notice leveling of the relief, smoothing the grid of wrinkles, eliminating sagging.
The effectiveness of this method is confirmed by reviews of linseed oil for the face of wrinkles. For mature skin, such masks are recommended.
What gives . It tightens the skin well, eliminates flabbiness, smoothes mimic folds.
- Medium-sized raw potatoes are peeled. Crush it with a combine.
- In a potato gruel, until it began to darken, enter a teaspoon of oil.
- To enhance the anti-aging effect of the mask add five drops of almond oil.
- The mixture is left on the face for half an hour.
What gives . This tool protects the skin from premature wilting, smoothes wrinkles and fills the dermis with vitamins and minerals. The mask recipe is simple.
- Nettle is scalded with boiling water to eliminate stinginess. Then the grass is ground in a blender.
- Two spoons of gruel are combined with a spoon of linseed oil.
- Apply on the face such a tool for 15 minutes.
What gives . The mask of kelp allows for several procedures to significantly reduce all age-related changes in the dermis. It is often recommended for skin tightening.
- 25 g of brown algae powder should be poured with two tablespoons of water and left to swell for five hours.
- To the swollen kelp add a tablespoon of oil, enter the yolk.
- The mixture is carefully mixed and gently applied to the surface of the face. Wash off the mask in 40-50 minutes.
The skin remains young and elastic, if it contains a sufficient amount of elastin and collagen. These substances are included in anti-aging cosmetics. A great source of collagen is gelatin.
It is this component provides a lifting effect or tightening the skin. And in the company with flax – the effect doubles.
There is a special recipe for a tightening mask based on flax and gelatin. It is prepared as follows.
- The foundation . One teaspoon of gelatin is dissolved in eight teaspoons of liquid. With excessive dryness, it is better to use milk or plain water. If the integument is fat, it is better to dissolve gelatin in herbal decoction.
- Additional components. To the base add one teaspoon of flaxseed oil and aloe juice. To enhance the anti-aging effect, experts recommend adding vitamins A, E – five drops each. The mixture is stirred and left to swell.
- Features of application. A warm mixture (it can be slightly warmed in the microwave) is applied to the face with a make-up brush. After 30 minutes – wash off.
For delicate derma around the eyes, only gentle means can be used. Flaxseed oil is too heavy for this zone. However, it is effectively eliminates wrinkles around the eyes.
Therefore, it is not necessary to completely refuse the funds. To eliminate wrinkles in the delicate area, you can use this method.
- The foundation . Based on the oil with a light consistency. It can be jojoba oil, grape seed or wheat germ.
- Additional components. To the five parts of the base add one part flax product.
- Features of application. A cotton disc is carefully applied a mixture of oils on the dermis under the eyes and eyelid. After 15 minutes, blot the covers with a cloth to remove excess, delicate fabrics should not be overloaded with oil.
Do not forget that the skin needs nutrition not only local, but also internal. And flaxseed oil here can also help.
It is recommended in food as a corrector of skin, hair, as an immune support and to strengthen the cardiovascular system.
Dmitry Shubin, a neurologist, spoke about the benefits of using linseed oil in the “Live Healthy” program. According to him, the main value of flax oil is Omega-3, that is, linoleic and linolenic acid.
They reduce cholesterol, minimize the risk of atherosclerosis, stroke, heart attack. “As a result, they prolong our life,” the expert emphasized.
But if you choose such an “internal” method of using linseed oil for the face, you should consult your doctor. Perhaps there are individual features of the body and you are contraindicated product. Plus, it should be remembered that flax oil is not intended for frying, since poisonous substances appear in it when heated.
Oil is recommended for salad dressing or as an addition to cereals, but not hot.
“My mom’s colleague is 68 years old, and not a single wrinkle!”, – women’s reviews about flax oil
I began to use linseed oil on the advice of a friend. Just every evening, add a few droplets in your night cream and applied to the skin as usual. After a couple of days, I noticed that the nasolabial wrinkles did not seem to be so deep.
Then I decided to add oil and cream for eyelids. No wonder I decided!
My “goose feet” (I am 44 years old) no longer grieved me so.
My youngest daughter also has skin problems, but of a different nature – she is a teenager, and acne overcame a child. Having read about linseed oil, we decided to try it and against acne.
Subtracted such a recipe. First we make a decoction of chamomile or a series.
Let it cool, and then take three tablespoons of broth and one tablespoon of flaxseed oil and mix them. Then in this mixture we moisten a cotton disc and wipe the whole face.
We are waiting for 30–40 minutes and go to wash. So we did for 15 days.
The number of acne in the daughter has decreased significantly, the skin has become even and smooth. So we are very pleased with the result.
My mom’s colleague is 68 years old at work, she looks great, not a single wrinkle. Claims that she became so youthful thanks to linseed oil.
The skin is excellent, elastic, smoothed by the eyes.
Linseed oil for the face of wrinkles – it’s just a magical tool. Suitable for the entire face, and for the delicate skin around the eyes. I use linseed oil for more than 2 years.
I have oily skin. Oil, in theory, should be even more fatty skin, and vice versa. Excellent nourishes and removes excess sebum.
You can use it as a mask – soak a cloth or gauze, put on face and lie down for 30 minutes. I have straightened deep wrinkles on the forehead and between the eyebrows.