Aspirin, or acetylsalicylic acid, is a drug used to reduce fever and pain relief. In medicine, it has been of tremendous importance since the 19th century, but for cosmetic purposes it has already been used in modern times.
The use of antipyretic pills found home care lovers. It turned out that a face mask with aspirin is a cheap and affordable remedy that can rid the skin of various kinds of inflammation and acne.
Aspirin tablets are popular in scrubs and facial masks. Facial cleansing with aspirin is carried out exclusively at home; this drug is not used in salons.
There are many opinions about its effectiveness in the fight against acne and acne. But the main effect of aspirin on the skin lies in its ability to reduce inflammation and dry the epidermis.
It must be remembered that the result depends on the individual characteristics of human skin, and the safety of such procedures is due to a competent approach to their preparation.
Acid face masks have appeared recently. Acetylsalicylic acid was first obtained in 1897. It was synthesized in the laboratories of the company Bayer AG, which later registered the resulting substance under the commercial name “aspirin”.
The source material for its production was ordinary willow bark. Broths from the bark of this tree were very popular in traditional medicine of the past centuries and were used as a febrifuge.
Mashed aspirin tablets in cosmetic blends have a peeling effect and gently exfoliate keratinous particles. This effect is caused by the chemical nature of the drug – the acid affects the upper layers of the skin and weakens the connection of old and fresh cells of the epidermis. The skin becomes soft and smooth, fine wrinkles disappear.
Aspirin facial scrub helps to cope with the problem of ingrown hair. How else is acetylsalicylic acid on the skin?
- Fights acne and acne. The drug reduces the content in the skin of the main component, which causes the process of inflammation and pain, and also constricts small vessels, thereby reducing blood flow to the inflamed area. Redness and acne are reduced in size. Aspirin is a good antiseptic that helps it fight against bacteria that cause inflammation and acne. An aspirin face mask has received a lot of good feedback from those who have treated acne with it.
- Visually “hides” eels. Contrary to popular belief, aspirin does not remove acne plugs from pores. Under the influence of the acidic medium of the drug, only the “external”, oxidized part of the comedo, that is, the blackest point, dissolves. At the same time, the grease plug remains in the same place, which means that the effect of such a “removal” will not last long – in a few days the black dot will reappear in the same place. This method is good because you can quickly refresh your face and disguise acne before an important meeting or going out. To prevent inflammatory processes and get rid of the causes of black dots, it is recommended to remove them completely. For example, in the cosmetology center or using special masks on their own.
- Brightens The acidic environment of aspirin whitens the skin, including lightens age spots and freckles.
- Dries oily skin. An aspirin face mask breaks down outer sebum. The access of oxygen to the epidermis is facilitated, the blood supply and metabolism are stimulated, the complexion improves, the swelling goes away. The composition narrows the pores, which significantly reduces the risk of blockage and ingress of dirt and harmful microbes.
The effect of a face mask of aspirin, honey and other ingredients can only be judged by the feedback from “testers”, because there has been no research on this topic. Those who have made such cosmetic masks and facial scrubs speak about their effectiveness in combating various inflammations and acne. Aspirin means are used in the following cases:
- problem or oily skin;
- frequent “visits” of acne and acne;
- enlarged pores and inflammation caused by pollution;
- greasy luster;
Aspirin has a wide range of contraindications for internal use. Cleaning the face with aspirin, honey, and any other ingredients will also be beneficial only if you follow the rules of preparation and take into account a number of restrictions. Aspirin is not recommended to be applied on the skin in the following cases:
- allergy to this medicine and additional components of the mask;
- individual intolerance to the main and auxiliary components;
- too dry or sensitive skin;
- pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- open wounds, scratches, mechanical damage to the skin, as well as recent deep cleansing by a beautician;
- tanning because aspirin has a whitening effect;
- rosacea, even mild;
- any skin diseases;
- bronchial asthma.
For the preparation of masks or scrubs fit the cheapest aspirin, which can be found in pharmacies. This medicine costs an average of five rubles for ten pieces. Tablets should be without shell and any additional components.
Be sure to check the expiration date of the drug. What else is useful to know before starting the procedure?
- Cannot be stored. Even in the fridge. Apply to the skin only fresh composition, which has the maximum amount of useful components and properties.
- Apply in the evening. After an aspirin mask, it is advisable not to walk or sunbathe for several hours, you should not use decorative cosmetics. Apply an aspirin mask best before bedtime. First, the best result from this tool is achieved in three to four hours after the procedure. Secondly, a face mask with acetylsalicylic acid weakens the barrier functions of the skin, so you need to give the skin a rest and recover.
- Recommended time. Drug mask can not be kept on the face for more than 15 minutes, otherwise it can dry out or even “burn” the skin. Depending on skin type, a mask with aspirin is applied for 5-15 minutes.
- Therapeutic effect. It possesses aspirin home cosmetics, so it is advisable to apply it only on problem areas, and leave healthy and clean skin intact.
- Lemon Fortification Reviews say that aspirin goes well with lemon. You can enhance the anti-inflammatory effect, if you add to the mask fresh juice of this citrus. For one procedure, just two or three drops is enough.
- Unpleasant sensations. If during the cleaning session discomfort appeared, burning, the skin began to itch, you should immediately wash off the mask with clean warm water.
- Protection after. After removing the mask, be sure to moisturize the skin with a nourishing face cream. If in the summer after the mask you need to immediately go outside, be sure to use sunscreen. If this is not done, exposure to ultraviolet rays on weakened skin can cause the appearance of age spots and enhance existing ones. For this reason, it is not advisable to use aspirin masks in spring and summer.
It is easy to prepare a mask or facial scrub from aspirin. The easiest and fastest recipe is to mix two crushed tablets with a small amount of water.
However, there are more useful options. For example, a face mask with aspirin and honey.
Aspirin masks are preferably applied to slightly steamed skin. For this you can use a towel moistened with hot water.
Apply it to the skin to cool. Repeat the procedure three times.
Result. A face mask made of honey and aspirin eliminates desquamation and clears off keratinized particles. Soothes inflamed areas and brightens. Due to the content of various acids and enzymes, honey enhances the effect of aspirin.
In addition, bee nectar well replenishes the nourishing and water balance of the skin.
- Mash two tablets well.
- In a plate with the obtained powder pour one tablespoon of natural honey (pre-melt).
- Pour a teaspoon of olive or flaxseed oil and mix thoroughly.
- Lubricate problem areas of skin and leave for 15 minutes.
Result. Removes inflammation, has an antiseptic effect. Evens out skin tone.
Promotes the rapid maturation of subcutaneous acne and eliminates the “ripe”.
- Crush two tablets in a bowl. To make the tablets easier to crumble, you can add a couple of drops of clean warm water.
- Pour into the bowl floor a tablespoon of aloe juice and the same amount of honey. Bring the mixture to a uniform state.
- Smear and wait 15 minutes, then remove the agent with water.
Result. Facial scrub of honey and aspirin cleanses the pores of impurities. Removes dead particles, smoothes and softens.
Calms when irritated, relieves redness.
- Pound a couple of tablets with a spoon and a few drops of water.
- Measure out half a small spoonful of sea salt and a whole teaspoon of natural honey. Add to pills.
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Smear and gently massage the skin for two minutes.
- Carefully remove the scrub and use a nourishing cream.
Remember that aspirin does not have a rejuvenating effect, does not moisturize and does not nourish the dermis. Therefore, an aspirin mask for wrinkles and for dry skin is not used. The tool should be used only to solve specific skin problems associated with impaired external sebaceous secretion.
Otherwise, at best, the recipe will be useless. At worst, it will have a harmful effect, ruin the skin.
A mask with aspirin and honey noticeably improved the condition of my skin. I have problem skin.
And I often have to do different masks, but not all help me. At the moment I have oily skin.
When I wash my face, it tightens and dries. Not comfortable. Namazhu cream becomes fat.
A mask with aspirin and honey solved my problem. Now I do not even use the cream and everything is fine.
Absolutely completely only one mask will not relieve from rashes, but! It is one of the best and in combination with other drugs will really give a stunning effect.
I started to make a mask with acetylka at about 14 years old, when something terrible started on my skin because I had dried it.
All the efforts were not in vain, and thanks to this mask I did get rid of most of the rashes, and also slightly clarified the spots after the acne. Yes, if your acne progresses a lot, the mask will not save you, but with my skin condition (uneven complexion, pimples (including deep, which sometimes got inflamed and did not go away for a week)), the mask once helped a lot and helped out.
After applying the mask, the skin becomes smoother and more beautiful, as there are granules in it that look like scrubbing particles.
My skin is oily and thick, and I lacked the strength of the impact of this masochka. besides, after washing off, I still had some unpleasant film effect on my face. All the same, honey is NOT for oily skin. When washing off the mask, there is a scrub effect. If the face has a lot of inflammation, it is better to wash off the mask with just a shower, do not rub the skin!
Thanks to salicylic acid, my acne has been dusted off)) (this is the only plus for me of the whole event).
Natalia Lukyanchikova, //irecommend.ru/content/moi-opyt-maski-aspirin-med-s-foto
What I noticed:
– red spots and the truth become brighter (I myself is light by nature, skin is pale, even unhealthy pale, and spots from acne are visible to the naked eye)
– small pimples pass, but aspirin does not cope with large subcutaneous pimples so well (I think this problem will have to be done by a cosmetologist)
– during the period of monthly seasonal exacerbation, he certainly did not save from new lesions, but they were in smaller volume and passed faster.