Girls who equip “cosmetic laboratories” at home, from the outside can seem eccentrics. And really, why waste time when store shelves are replete with ready-made skin care products? However, this is only a superficial glance.
In fact, there are many reasons to make a face cream at home. Hand-made cosmetics are sometimes safer and more efficient industrial.
In addition, it turns out an exclusive product made to the individual needs of a particular woman.
Cosmetics produced by cosmetic companies contain inert, that is, “passive” substances. They add to the means of volume, but for the organism they are useless.
This is at best. At worst, there may be components that do not have a harmful effect only under certain storage conditions. And these conditions are not always able to meet …
The industrial cream receives a pleasant smell and gentle structure thanks to fragrances and emulsifiers. These components also do not affect the condition of the skin. It is also important to understand that at the indicated storage periods (up to several years) the active substances lose their useful qualities much faster.
As a result, a person uses the tool, as they say, “for show”.
All this makes homemade face cream more popular than purchased. However, hand-made cosmetics “not without sin.”
Before proceeding with the manufacture of tools, you need to evaluate their capabilities. Can you take the dosage and dosage? Do you have enough patience?
It is also important to understand the benefits of home care products, to be aware of the possible risks.
Creams for the face homemade compared with the purchase have a number of advantages. There are six main advantages.
- Checked composition. You will know for sure what is in the composition of the product, because you personally “casting” the ingredients. As a result, you add only what you consider effective and harmless.
- Only “from the conveyor”. You will always use a fresh product, because the shelf life of home cosmetics are small. Maximum – two weeks.
- The desired amount. You can cook any portions of the cream. Test version – in small quantities. And if it works, you can do more immediately.
- Affordable price . Compared with branded care products, homemade cream is cheaper. Even if at the beginning it will be necessary to spend money on the purchase of the necessary components – they are enough for a long time.
- Ability to experiment. You can easily adjust the composition of the cream, adding a little more or slightly less active ingredients the next time, having tried additional ingredients.
- Original gift. Home-made cosmetics can be presented to friends and relatives, having gained, of course, some experience in manufacturing.
Along with the pluses, there are certain disadvantages of homemade cosmetics. You should know about them before you start manufacturing.
There are six main nuances.
- We need to find “his” formula. The recipe for the cream seems perfect, includes ingredients that are most suitable for your skin? Do not rush to rejoice. It may be that the cream that came up to someone is ineffective in your case. Or the ingredients do not interact in the best way. Before finding the most suitable formula, you may have to conduct more than one experiment.
- Component costs. The question of costs — time, effort, and means — arises from the preceding paragraph. It may be necessary to spend more than one day and a lot of ingredients until you “fill your hand”. Therefore, the development of technology can be a long process and fly into a pretty penny.
- The risk of allergies. Due to the high concentration of active ingredients in the composition, the product may cause an allergic reaction.
- “Heavy” consistency. Gentle and easy to prepare a face cream at home is unlikely. Unlike store supplies, your product will turn out to be rather oily, with a strong smell, heavier texture. The whole thing in the absence of industrial emulsifiers, which are used in the production of creams and give it “ease”.
- Small shelf life. The short shelf life of homemade creams is not only a plus, but also a minus. You need to constantly update the contents of the cream tubes. And if you miss the moment, spread yourself overdue means.
- From the first time it may not work. Cream making is a specific process that requires certain skills. You need to be prepared that the first cream comes out “lumpy.”
The future kremovar should acquire a certain set of tools. The list is small, to get everything you need is easy and inexpensive.
To make a face cream at home, you need such items.
- Enamelled cup. Required large diameter. Can be replaced with a wide pan. These are ware for “a water bath”.
- Glass bowls. At least three. They are needed to mix and heat the ingredients.
- Spoon . Desirable porcelain. It is useful to stir, lay out the funds.
- Syringe Volume of 2-5 ml. Needed to comply with the strict dosage of oils and other liquids.
- The Corolla. Or a mixer for whipping. Conveniently, if there is a special mini-mixer.
- Thermometer for liquids. Needed to measure the heating temperature of substances and mixtures.
- Capacities for ready-made creams. Glass, plastic jars with lids. You can take the container from under the baby food.
Whatever face cream you decide to cook, with all the variety of recipes there are common groups of ingredients. Total – six.
Within the framework of which the necessary ingredients for dry, oily, sensitive skin are already selected.
- Water Makes about 60% of any cream. Component is required, but replaceable. For example, a decoction of herbs. If just water is taken, then only distilled water.
- Oily base. Otherwise – base oil, 30% in the composition. It is this which gives the oil oiliness and helps the active ingredients penetrate inside. Apricot, peach and jojoba oils are suitable for dry skin. Oily – almond, grape seed. Sensitive – lemon, sea buckthorn, burdock.
- Active substances Occupy 5-8%. This is the very thing for which you need to cook a face cream. The active substance moisturizes dry skin. Relieves inflammation and dries oily. Soothes and makes stronger sensitive. As active substances are vitamins in liquid form, yeast, bee products, plant extracts.
- Essential oils . Because of the strong impact used in small quantities, up to ten drops. Aromatize the cream, enrich with useful substances, protect against the “bad” microflora. For owners of sensitive skin suitable rosewood oil, verbena. Oily skin will make a healthier oil of lemon, bergamot, grapefruit. And dry sandalwood nourish, jasmine oil.
- Emulsifier. In the composition of the cream it is 2-3%. Required to create homogeneous compounds from immiscible liquid substances. Yolks and egg whites, lecithin, wax, alcohol, stearic acid are used as emulsifiers.
- Preservatives. Needed to save funds. Counteract the development of microbes. Essential oils, plant extracts – chamomile, lemon, eucalyptus usually serve as preservatives for homemade creams.
To make a natural face cream at home, you must maintain the correct procedure. Only eight steps separate you from the result.
- Base and water – “in the bath”. Enameled container put on fire, filling with water. This is for a water bath. Place glass bowls in it, one of which contains base oil, the other contains distilled water or a decoction of herbs.
- Keep the temperature. Heat, measuring temperature, up to 60 ° C.
- Plus an emulsifier. Then add emulsifier to the oil, stir until dissolved.
- Stir. Combine the contents of the bowls, continuing to heat and stir well in one direction.
- Cool slightly. Remove homogeneous mixture from the container with hot water to the container with cold.
- Beat up. This should be done by periodically measuring the temperature until it drops to 35 ° C.
- Plus assets and ethers. Add active ingredients and essential oil dropwise.
- Put in the cold. Stir or lightly whisk and shift into a jar. Keep this tool in the refrigerator.
Experienced female creamers masterfully assemble various ingredients, experiment with dosages. A beginner is better to start using the most simple recipes.
Such, for example, as described below.
Features A minimum of ingredients and effort. The tool can be used for any skin.
It has a cleansing and refreshing effect.
- Heat 10 g of glycerin in a water bath.
- Pour in the same amount of oatmeal, which must be pre-grind.
- Pour in the juice of fresh strawberries or cucumber, or a decoction of chamomile. Volume – 50 ml.
- Remove from heat, beat. Preferably blender.
- Cool, clean in a cool place.
Features For all skin types, this simple recipe is also suitable. A rather light texture will help the product to be absorbed well, toning and moisturizing the skin.
- Combine 5 g of lanolin (wool wax) and 2 ml of peach oil in a container.
- Heat with a water bath to 40 ° C.
- Pour 10 ml of water, mix, remove from heat.
- Cool, transfer to container.
Features Skin that is exposed to the effects of cold, dust, sun, needs special nourishment. An elemental cream in preparation will help the face to become more healthy and fresh.
The tool is recommended for use at night for women after 40 years.
- Beat the whole chicken egg.
- Pour in 80 ml of thick cream, 10 ml of liquid honey, two drops of tea tree oil.
- Mix well.
Features This nourishing face cream at home is able to have a tightening effect. Recommended for aged skin.
- Combine in a glass or enamel bowl with 10 ml of lanolin, 5 ml of honey, 5 ml of almond oil.
- Put to warm, stir until smooth.
- Cool, continuing to stir.
- Transfer to a glass jar.
Features This tool will nourish the skin of the face and at the same time relieve it from greasiness. For oily sensitive skin is a godsend.
- Heat 20 g of beeswax in a water bath.
- Add 60 ml of almond or peach oil.
- Separately, in 30 ml of water, dissolve half a teaspoon of borax (boric acid salt) in a water bath.
- Mix the contents of both bowls, warm.
- Add 60 ml of rose water, remove from heat.
- Beat well and cool.
Features This face moisturizer is made on the basis of lemon and honey. You can apply for both oily and dry skin.
- Heat 150 ml of olive oil and 50 ml of honey, not exceeding 50 ° C.
- 50 ml of glycerin and 150 ml of lemon juice combine.
- Two mixtures combine, stir, remove from heat.
- Stir the yolk of one egg.
- Go through the mixer until smooth, adding five drops of camphor alcohol.
- Moisturizing face cream at home can not be stored in the refrigerator, but simply in a cool place.
Features Ginger has a toning and regenerating effect, along with other components of the cream helps to smooth the skin and prevent new wrinkles. Use for face, as well as neck, décolleté.
Especially recommended for those over 50 years.
- Fresh ginger grate, squeeze the juice. The amount of juice – a tablespoon.
- Melt 70 g of cocoa butter with a water bath.
- Pour two teaspoons of apricot and sesame oil.
- Heat to 60 ° C.
- Add ginger juice and 5 ml of oil solution of vitamin E.
- Stir, warm for a few minutes.
- Store in a glass container in a dark place.
Features Wrinkle cream at home is prepared on the basis of beeswax. Wax smoothes the skin, and the remaining components nourish and moisturize it.
Suitable for fading skin, especially sensitive and prone to fat.
- 50 g of dried calendula pour a glass of boiling water, cool, strain.
- Melt 20 g of wax.
- Mix the following oils with wax: 20 ml of almond, five drops of lemon, 25 ml of calendula.
- Pour 15 ml of lemon juice and infusion of calendula.
- Remove from heat, beat slightly until smooth.
- Transfer to storage container.
Using the specified recipes for face cream with your own hands, it is quite possible to prepare a hand made skin care product. If you enjoy the lesson, you can expand your knowledge and skills in this area, become a real master of cream making and a business woman.
For example, Olga Mazur-Tkachuk from Ukraine 13 years ago was simply looking for suitable care products for her skin. The results of the store cosmetics woman did not like.
And she tried to prepare her first remedy based on Internet tips. Today Olga has her own natural cosmetics store, her own brand.