Dry skin gives a lot of trouble to beauties. It is prone to redness, irritation, itching and flaking. But the main problem is earlier aging.
What to do at home with dry skin to make it soft and smooth? How to care?
The best folk recipes and tips on choosing cosmetics.
In adolescence, girls rarely pay attention to dry face. Moreover, it is considered an advantage, because the skin does not shine and is not covered with acne, like peers. But after 30 years, when the sebaceous glands begin to work even less actively, a lot of problems appear.
For example, mimic wrinkles, which are formed due to lack of moisture. Proper and regular care will help delay age-related changes and eliminate discomfort.
Peeling, dryness, tightness – the result of a weak activity of the sebaceous glands. This failure in external secretion can be explained by the following reasons:
- hormonal problems;
- age changes;
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- frequent stress;
- lack of vitamins A, E and C, as well as other nutrients;
- prolonged exposure to direct sunlight or frosty air;
- washing with hot water;
- insufficient fluid intake;
- taking antibiotics;
- skin diseases;
- prolonged stay in the room where the air conditioner or heater;
- wrong choice of cosmetics.
Dry skin type requires careful and careful care. You need to begin to act in adolescence to avoid the appearance of early wrinkles.
In home care, you can use not only cosmetics, but also proven popular recipes.
It is important to properly care for dry skin at home. This will bring not only a cosmetic effect, but also help to regulate the functioning of the glands.
Remember the five basic rules.
- Washing up Only evening. During the night, the skin is covered with a small amount of fat, which softens the epidermis and provides protection. It is not necessary to wash it off: in the morning it is enough to rinse your face with water and gently blot.
- The right water. Hard chlorinated water can cause dryness and flaking. It must first be boiled, defend or pass through the filter.
- The right temperature. The best option for cleansing dry skin is room temperature water.
- Moisturizing. In the morning and in the evening, apply a nourishing cream appropriate for age and skin type. Twice a week, do a moisturizing mask. If you use lotion, make sure that it does not contain alcohol.
- Healthy food. Your diet should be plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as dairy products. Periodically take multivitamin complexes and fish oil.
Treatment of dry skin at home is often carried out with the help of folk methods. Proven recipes saved our grandmothers and great-grandmothers when the cosmetic industry was not yet developed as it is now.
In addition, natural ingredients are always better than any synthetic substances.
Table – Recipes for homemade masks for dry skin.
|Mustard||– A teaspoon of mustard powder; |
– a tablespoon of vegetable oil;
– some water (if necessary)
|From aloe||– A tablespoon of aloe juice; |
– half of grated apple;
– egg yolk
|Cottage cheese||– Tablespoon of fat grated cottage cheese; |
– a teaspoon of liquid, warm honey
|Sour cream||– A bunch of chopped dill; |
– a bunch of chopped parsley;
– two or three tablespoons of sour cream
|Grassy||– Filtered infusion of a mixture of hops, blackberry leaves and strawberries, chamomile, yarrow (just a tablespoon of crushed leaves, filled with 200 ml of boiling water); |
– A tablespoon of apple cider vinegar;
– a teaspoon of honey;
– egg yolk
|Oatmeal||– Tablespoon of oatmeal; |
– four tablespoons of hot milk
|Cucumber||– One grated cucumber; |
– a tablespoon of cream;
– four drops of lemon juice
|Crimson||– Half a glass of raspberry (must be rubbed through a sieve); |
– egg yolk;
– three almond nuts crushed in a coffee grinder;
– a teaspoon of honey
|Half an hour|
Among home remedies for dry skin, last but not least are cosmetic oils. Here are the most effective.
- Almond. Deeply nourishes, heals damage, reduces scarring.
- Coconut. Well softens even very dry skin, fights against peeling.
- Rose Hip Seeds. Enriches with vitamins, brightens pigment spots, reduces scars.
- Sesame. Due to its light texture, suitable for frequent use.
- Jojoba The best of all cosmetic oils. In addition to deep moisturizing, effectively fights acne and irritation.
Not so easy to find a suitable cream for dry skin. Even expensive cosmetics do not guarantee deep moisture and nutrition.
That is why more and more vegetable oils are used instead of cream. And such an approach is quite acceptable in some cases.
- For night care. Oil will be an excellent alternative to fat cream. After it, the skin looks much fresher.
- To remove makeup. Oily texture allows you to quickly and accurately remove makeup. In addition, the skin is further moisturized.
- For protection . The oil forms a thin film on the skin that protects the face from frost, sun and external pollution.
Care products for dry skin should be chosen carefully. In the cosmetic industry uses a lot of harmful substances, and therefore when you purchase you need to be vigilant.
In order not to get lost at the sight of bright jars and tubes, do not be deceived, reading the promises of the manufacturer, you must be able to analyze the composition of cosmetics. Reviews of customers and professionals allow you to highlight components that should not be afraid.
- Glycerin. It attracts moisture to the surface of the skin, soothes irritations.
- Natural oils. Saturate the epidermis with vitamins, eliminate flaking, fight against rashes.
- Dextran Eliminates puffiness. It is widely used in medical practice.
- Vitamin E. Removes toxins.
- Herbal extracts. Improve skin color and its functionality.
- Betaine. Deeply moisturizes and soothes the dermis.
- Lipids. Maintain the integrity of the skin and enhance the protective function.
- Allantoin. The natural component with a mild exfoliating effect. Prevents clogging pores.
- “Good” cetyl alcohol. Softens tissues, accelerates recovery processes.
- Emolenta. They make tissues more plastic, heal damage.
It is difficult to find a cream for dry skin in which only safe ingredients would be present. Manufacturers add aggressive substances to cosmetics, which, although they provide a cosmetic effect, can lead to serious structural changes in tissues.
- Mineral oil . It is designed to retain moisture in the skin. But it is a product of oil refining, and therefore it is not recommended to use it constantly.
- Phthalates. Simply put, flavors, which in passing prevent the evaporation of moisture from the skin. These substances tend to accumulate in the body. The consequences are hard to predict.
- Silicone. Prevents moisture evaporation from tissues and makes their texture more even. But this effect is achieved due to the formation of an impermeable film, which complicates cellular respiration and promotes the growth of bacteria.
- Propylene glycol. In its action is similar to glycerol. It is used in medicine and even the food industry. But since 2001, the substance has been banned in many countries, since some studies have confirmed its toxicity and allergenic properties.
- Formaldehyde. Dangerous preservative, which can cause severe allergies, as well as cancer.
- Ethylene glycol. Retains moisture in the tissues. But given that this component is used in the manufacture of antifreeze, brake fluid, inks, detergents and developer for photographs, there is doubt that it will be useful for the skin.
- Parabens. Preservatives, which, unfortunately, are present in almost all means. They have a detrimental effect on the endocrine system and can cause a rash on the skin. Make sure that these components are at the very end of the list.
- Alcohol Contraindicated not only for dry skin, but for all other types. May cause disruption of the glands.
Do not think that the hardest thing to understand what to do with oily skin. Dry epidermis causes no less problems.
This skin is very fastidious to the external conditions, and therefore at different times of the year requires appropriate care.
If you want to preserve beauty and youth for a long time, home care for dry skin in the winter should be especially thorough. You need to adhere to five recommendations that will help the skin survive the cold more easily.
- Moisturize the skin. Pick a rich cream designed specifically for winter care. Also use vegetable oils (such as coconut or jojoba).
- Protect your face. Going out on the street, do not hesitate to cover your face with a scarf or a collar coat. In windy weather, pull the hood down.
- Make masks. Apply to the skin several times a week. In the winter, recipes that include oils and dairy products work best.
- Feed from the inside. Since it is difficult to find high-quality fruits and vegetables in winter, pick up a multivitamin complex.
- Moisten the air. In winter, the air in the rooms is dried out by heating devices. To save the skin from such a negative impact, use special devices, moisturizers. You can simply place the water tanks next to the radiators.
Care for dry skin in the summer is much easier than in the cold season. The high temperature of the air provokes the activity of the glands, and therefore they begin to produce more fat.
Maintain the normal state of the skin can, following the five rules.
- Nourish and moisturize the skin. Twice a day apply a water-based light cream to your face.
- Refresh your face during the day. Make it a rule to carry a balloon with thermal water in your bag. Wash your face several times during the day.
- Hide from the sun. Direct sunlight dries the skin, and therefore you should protect your face in every possible way from such exposure. If you cannot always walk in the shade, wear sunglasses and a wide-brimmed hat.
- Eat well. In the summer you have to build your diet on fresh vegetables, fruits and greens. Do not forget to drink more water.
- Tone up the skin. After washing, be sure to apply tonic. It should not contain alcohol. Best of all work on the basis of natural resources. For example, rose water.
Care for dry skin is a daily hard work. And the sooner you begin to pay attention to your face, the sooner you will achieve a result.
After a few weeks, you will notice that the skin has completely changed. It will be fresh in appearance and pleasant to the touch.
I have dry skin, especially around the cheeks and forehead. To help her, once a week I make an apricot or peach oil mask. Just heating the oil in a water bath, soak it in a soft napkin and apply on face for 20 minutes.
After the mask the skin is much better, it is soft, smooth, do not peel off. I wash off the mask with warm water, I don’t put the cream after the mask.
It is necessary to take care of the skin of the face, especially during the cold season. After all, as they say, the face is our business card. And so that later, being already aged, not to look disappointed at their wrinkles and stale complexion, they should be engaged in their appearance regularly and with love.
As for the dryness of the skin of the face, an increase in the amount of water drunk always helped me personally. I’m already used to drinking more than 2 liters of water a day, and such skin problems do not come to me anymore.
Olga Suvorova, //narodnayamedicina.com/chto-delat-esli-sukhaya-kozha-lica-sukhost-kozhi-prichiny/
I also suffer from excessive dry skin of the face, so I buy vitamins A and E in a pharmacy in capsules and after washing I put it on my face. I tried so many creams, they absorbed quickly and not a trace that I moisturized my skin.