To give your face a trendy golden hue, you do not have to wait for the summer or spend money on a tanning bed. A simple and affordable tanning agent is sold in the vegetable department all year round. Elementary carrot mask for the face can make the skin a few tones darker.
Also, the tool solves other important tasks: moisturizes, eliminates wrinkles and removes acne.
About the benefits of carrots, we know from childhood. It helps eyesight, strengthens the immune system, and simply – tasty.
And carrot has a beneficial effect on the skin, because it is a “mix” of vitamins important for beauty.
In home cosmetology, we often deprive of this useful root vegetable. Nevertheless, it can be a great help in combating skin imperfections.
The main thing is to know how to use a vegetable for maximum results.
Carrot face masks should be tried for one simple reason – they are practically safe, and at the same time they solve a complex of tasks: they cleanse acne, moisturize, nourish, stimulate cell regeneration. Replacing carrot basic skin care products (creams, lotions, tonics) should not be, but to strengthen their effect with “orange” procedures is a great idea.
This is confirmed by the reviews of girls who regularly indulge themselves with carrot masks for the face. Lovers of natural cosmetics say that after the first carrot session, the skin literally “resurrects”.
Carrot procedures are especially good in spring and autumn, when all the delights of seasonal beriberi appear on the face. Even the skin of young girls during this period loses its elasticity, becomes dull and more vulnerable to the appearance of a rash.
Natural carrot cosmetics support the epidermis.
The rich chemical composition of the product allows you to “find the approach” to any skin type. What is so special about orange cosmetologist?
Here are just the main active ingredients that matter in the care of the epidermis.
- Beta carotene. The pigment, which protects against free radicals and sunburn, is responsible for such a saturated color of the vegetable. The skin tone also changes precisely under its influence. Beta-carotene in the human body is converted to retinol – one of the most important “beauty vitamins.”
- Vitamin C. Vitamin C not only disinfects and cleans, eliminating acne. It is also the strongest antioxidant, which gives the skin immunity and prevents aging. A face mask with carrots, if used at least once every two weeks, is the prevention of the appearance of early wrinkles and inflamed bumps.
- Vitamin PP. Rescue for sensitive skin. Forms an antibacterial barrier and carefully protects the face from the harmful effects of the external environment. It retains moisture in the cells, increases blood flow, improves cellular respiration.
- Vitamin K. Helper in case of pigmentation, and also removes the severity of blue circles under the eyes.
- Potassium. Normalizes intracellular water balance, retains moisture in the skin. Therefore, carrots are so useful for dry coats.
Do not rush to grab the grater – not every vegetable is suitable for cosmetic procedures. It is best to choose a juicy, seasonal fruit.
Let it be a non-ideal form, the main thing is that from the garden, which was not processed with chemistry. Otherwise, rash, redness, itching may occur.
The ideal option is a vegetable from your own summer cottage. If this is not possible, then you should be guided by official outlets, which can, upon request, provide certificates of product quality.
Choose a carrot of medium size, without cracks and cuts.
The easiest way to make an “orange” mask is to make mashed fresh or boiled carrots without any additives. It can be obtained by chipping a vegetable on a fine grater, skipping through a meat grinder, or using a food processor.
But for those who want to get the maximum vitamin charge, there are more intricate recipes.
- Mix three tablespoons of carrot puree and egg yolk.
- Pour in a tablespoon of olive oil.
- The resulting homogeneous mass is applied to a clean, dry face and washed off with warm water after ten minutes.
- Using a moisturizer will fix the result.
- Two tablespoons of carrot puree mixed with a teaspoon of sour cream.
- It is advisable to use high-fat sour cream. If it is not in the refrigerator, you can take any other dairy product.
- Mask must be applied in a circular motion and leave for five minutes.
- Then we wipe the face with a paper towel and wash our face with cool water.
- Pre-peeled root vegetable should be boiled with the addition of a teaspoon of sugar.
- Without letting the carrots cool, knead it with a fork and then cool to room temperature.
- In the resulting carrot gruel add a tablespoon of any liquid honey.
- You should keep the mask on your face for at least 20 minutes, then wash with soap and apply a thick layer of moisturizer to the skin.
- Peel the carrots and cook the juice from the vegetable. To do this, you can use the juicer. If there is no such device, then the root crop can be rubbed and then squeezed out through gauze.
- Pour the drink into ice molds, freeze.
- The resulting cubes can be used as a tonic in the morning and in the evening, as well as in the case of emergency, when you need to solve the problem of redness very quickly.
- Carrot ice cubes can be prepared for the winter.
Using a carrot face mask at home, remember that the skin needs not only external but also internal makeup. So, adopt the rule of drinking two or three times a week for a glass of fresh carrot.