Alginate mask is a professional face and body care product. Under the strange name hides the salts of alginic acid – they are extracted from red, brown and a number of green algae. The marine origin of the substance makes it a mine of trace elements.
Not only lovers praise alginate face masks – reviews by beauticians also speak about the benefits of this component of algae. Especially for problematic and aging skin.
Anti-aging procedures with a “sea” mask are carried out not only in beauty centers, but also independently at home. Sodium alginate transforms the skin, enriches it, effectively fights acne and fat.
The advantages of this mask can enjoy women and men of any age. In order to better understand how alginate works and what its benefits are, it will be helpful to know some facts from his “biography”.
What is the alginate mask for the face, it became known not so long ago. Alginic acid salts are discovered in the same way as most of the most fascinating scientific discoveries are made – that is, quite by accident.
The discovery was made at the end of the twentieth century, when American biochemist Moore Stanford extracted iodine from algae in his experiments. During the experiments, the famous scientist received an unusual by-product – alginate.
His careful study bore fruit: it turned out that the substance has the most valuable properties for our body.
Gradually, alginates took root in a variety of applications, from medicine to the food industry, and eventually they reached the beauty industry. Doctors successfully use them to treat various diseases of the stomach and intestines. In the food industry, the substance plays the role of safe food additives.
These are the same stabilizers and thickeners, also known as “eshki”, which one should not be afraid of – E401, E402, E404.
In addition to the basic properties, alginates are also adsorbents. They can absorb a mass of water, many times their own. This ability makes them a valuable basis for a cosmetic mask – they literally “pull out” excess water, thanks to which the mineral balance of the skin is normalized and the swelling goes away.
And this is far from the only cosmetic property that alginate masks can boast.
An important feature of the alginate mask is its versatility – it is equally good for all skin types and it has no age restrictions. The mask is suitable as a “SPA” procedure for the whole body, but most often it is used to nourish and moisturize the skin of the face.
What does the alginate mask “can”?
- Struggles with excess body fat. Effective as a remedy for “orange peel” – the effect becomes noticeable after a few sessions. Actively breaks down subcutaneous fat and corrects the natural production of sebum. The contour of the face is smoothed, it becomes clearer and more beautiful.
- Smoothes scars and stretch marks. Copes well with acne and acne marks.
- Treats skin for acne and acne. Deeply cleans and “sucks” dirt and greasy plugs from pores, removes toxic substances from skin. The skin begins to breathe easier, improves metabolism. The mask contributes to the narrowing of enlarged pores and reduces the risk of new pollution and inflammation.
- Visibly rejuvenates. And holds back the aging process of the epidermis. Alginate masks prevent early aging and “wear” of the skin, activating cell regeneration processes, nourish the skin with useful substances and elements.
- Calm down. It fixes reddened and irritated skin, treats inflamed areas. It returns a healthy and beautiful color to the face.
- Removes puffiness. Eliminates “puffiness”, the face becomes thinner and acquires clear contours.
- Tightens and tones. Blood circulation is improved, the skin is noticeably refreshed, flabby or sagging areas are tightened. Relieved muscle tension, which contributes to the disappearance of fine wrinkles. And this, in turn, has a positive effect on our mood and well-being. Scientists have found that the constant tension in the muscles of the face causes an increased tone of different muscles of the body. Therefore, if you want to relax and rest – start with the care of your face.
Alginate facial mask is known as a natural and safe remedy for the skin of the face and body. It is allowed to apply on the delicate skin of the lips, the area around the eyes and upper eyelids. The mask acts gently and will not harm even these sensitive areas.
A healthy person has nothing to worry about, but there are precautions that must be considered before using this “sea” remedy.
- Allergy and idiosyncrasy. This is practically the only restriction for the use of alginate mask. To check the skin for an allergic reaction, it is enough to apply a small amount of the finished substance to a small area of the skin, for example, on the inside of the elbow or wrist. If within an hour on the epidermis there is no redness or other changes – you can safely use a mask.
- Conjunctivitis and other eye diseases. If there are any diseases of the eyes, they are very tired or irritated – then the mask is applied with caution, without applying to the skin of the eyelids and around the eyes.
- Acne or multiple acne. Contraindication refers to severe skin inflammation and irritation.
Shops offer different formulations of masks with sodium alginate, which are already ready for use, it remains only to dilute them with mineral water. Some mixtures are most popular.
- Plain or classic. The diluted sodium alginate powder performs well even without any auxiliary components. The tool tightens and moisturizes the skin, has a calming effect on the inflamed areas.
- Vitamin with the addition of “ascorbinka.” Vitamin C is an indispensable tool in strengthening our immunity. But in cosmetology, it is valued not only for its ability to protect the body from harmful microbes and viruses. As part of skin care products, he is able to perform real miracles: strengthens the walls of blood vessels, fights free radicals, brightens and tones the skin.
- Based on collagen. This particular protein increases the elasticity and firmness of the skin. At the same time wrinkles are smoothed, the skin becomes toned and fresh.
- Moisturizing with chitosan. This is a lifeline remedy for dry epidermis. Chitosan, like sodium alginate, is of marine origin.
- Nutrition vegetable components. The composition of such a mask can include various substances of plant origin, for example, extracts or extracts from medicinal herbs. The components may be different, but they all deeply moisturize and nourish the skin with “goodies”, trace elements and vitamins.
Among the variety of ready-made mixtures it is difficult to choose one thing. Try to focus on your skin type and on specific tasks that the mask should solve.
It is better to do this in advance, so as not to get lost in the store, and take what suits you best.
How to solve what from this is necessary for you? If you do not want to overpay for the procedure in the salon, then the home mask option will suit you. In salons, the cost of an alginate mask starts on average from 1 thousand rubles.
But if you decide to cook it yourself at home, then a classic powder for one-time use will be several times cheaper: a bag in which 30 g of the product costs an average of 160 rubles. (Cost is as of May 2017).
When buying, pay attention to the shelf life and integrity of the package. Dry powders for self-preparation are stored much longer than ready-made alginate gels. The advantage of gels is that you do not need to spend time carefully measuring the proportions and diluting the powder with water.
But in general, both options differ from each other only by the shelf life.
Proper preparation of a professional tool at home will require a competent and careful approach from you. Do not be afraid – with careful observance of all stages of preparation, you will receive a tool that, in terms of benefits and quality, will not yield to a similar one in a beauty salon.
A self-made mixture of powder or ready-made commercial gel hardens very quickly. There are only a few minutes to apply the product to your face, otherwise you may find that the mask is frozen right in the bowl.
Therefore, you need to clean the skin of the face and prepare it for the procedure before you take up the remedy itself.
Cleanse the skin with a special tonic or lotion for washing. If the skin is very flaky or suffers from numerous black spots, you need to spend a light peeling and remove the most pronounced acne.
Get rid of the peeling will help ordinary scrub. A little steam your face with a wet hot towel, then apply the scrub to the problem areas with massage movements.
Actions must be unhurried so as not to damage the cover and make the procedure easy and enjoyable.
Immediately before starting the procedure with an alginate mask, you can wipe your face with cosmetic milk and apply suitable serum on clean skin. This will increase skin tone and enhance the effect of the mask.
If you purchased a powder mask, you need to properly prepare it. Usually, the instructions and correct proportions have already been written on the packages or portioned bags of alginate. Unless otherwise stated in the recipe on the package, the powder is diluted as follows:
- In a bowl pour the contents of one portion of the package.
- Pour about 70-80 ml of pure cold water into the powder.
- Mix thoroughly, the mixture should be no lumps.
- As soon as you mix the mixture, you must immediately take a prone position and begin to apply it on your face with a special spatula.
If for some reason you can not get ready-made powder or gel, you can prepare a dry mixture yourself. This will require a certain skill – the proportions need to die out very carefully and not in a hurry to dilute everything with water.
- A teaspoon of dry sodium alginate powder.
- Diatomite – three teaspoons. This substance is often absent in pharmacies. Then you can use its analogues, such as blue clay or pearl powder.
- Calcium sulfate or calcium chloride is just one ampoule. Plays the role of plasticizer and thickener, gives the mask elasticity.
- Pure water.
- Place the alginate in a bowl. Pour a small amount of warm water into it so that it completely covers the powder. Mix. Leave the mixture to “infuse” for five hours. Gradually, it should become gel-like – sometimes stir the contents of the bowl. If necessary, add water to it.
- When the alginate has reached the desired state, take another clean bowl. Now you need to dilute the diatomite with water or the selected substitute. Add water a little bit, in the end should get the consistency of thick cream.
- Mix the contents of the second bowl with the prepared alginate gel.
- Now it’s calcium sulphate. After adding it to the bowl with the substance, you need to mix everything very quickly and immediately start applying the mask to the skin of the face, otherwise it will harden directly in the container.
- It will be useful to attract someone else to help you, so that you are ready for the immediate use of the mask.
Alginate mask has a dense, dense texture. It is most convenient to apply it with a special cosmetic spatula. If you put a mask on the eyelids and eye area, it is better to ask someone to help you.
Consider some more little tricks.
- Apply the mask from the bottom up. So you will be more convenient to control the process.
- The edges of the mask should be made thicker. So it will be much easier to shoot it.
- Act quickly. Do not forget – the mask dries very quickly, so you need to apply quickly, but carefully.
- The mask should not be liquid. The tool should not drain from the face. It should resemble thick sour cream or cosmetic clay.
- Do not forget about the neck. The skin in this area also needs to be spoiled with nourishing masks and lotions.
The mask will harden on the face for about five minutes after application. Do not be afraid of feeling the strong tightness of the skin – it should be, because the tool literally turned into a “rubber”. You need to wait another 30 minutes and then remove the mask.
How to shoot it?
Gently pick up the dense edges of the mask from both sides of the chin and begin to “unstick” it. It does not hurt, but you need to act carefully, without sudden movements, so as not to damage the skin.
The mask should be removed entirely, without stopping. After complete removal of the product, treat the skin with a moisturizing tonic and apply a nourishing cream.
To pamper your skin with different nutrients and vitamins, you can add various ingredients to the base of the mask. It can be cosmetic clay, mummy, your favorite herbal extracts, hyaluronic acid, rose extract …
Alginate face mask at home is considered to be as safe as that of a specialist. Results are visible immediately after the first application.
To achieve the best effect, such sessions are held from eight to 15 times, once or twice a week. Then you need to take a break for a month or two and repeat the course if necessary.
I began to study various forums of professional cosmetologists about these masks, the procedure of carrying out, etc.
Therefore, upon the arrival of the box to me, the theory was studied, the program was compiled, it only remained to experience all this for myself.
Result: it is visible in the mirror with the naked eye. The complexion is much smoother and lighter, the skin is moisturized and wrinkles are smoothed.
If you touch the skin, it seems to be wet (this effect persists for several hours after the mask).
Marina-k, //shopoforum.ru/index.php? PHPSESS
I put it in the bathroom, in front of the mirror. Specially watched the video on YouTube, as a cosmetologist applies an alginate mask.
According to the rules it is necessary to put a spatula in the direction from the bottom upwards along the diagonal (towards the ears).
The sensations during the procedure are very pleasant – all alginate masks cool the face a little. The mask, even after solidification, remains moist, just like the skin under it.
The skin is generally a miracle after it – so smooth, moisturized. I put on a mask under the eyes, including, and so, after the mask of small wrinkles for a while it is not visible at all.
To begin with, alginate masks are just amazing effect on the skin, because the composition contains a very valuable alginic acid, which is abundant in algae.
In general, our skin receives the deepest nourishment, hydration, and just an instant lifting. Yes, it’s just great, do not say anything.
Well, how can you get past such a great temptation, I naturally experienced the result for myself.