- What are the side effects or health risks of withdrawal?
- What about withdrawal and sexually transmitted diseases (STD’s)?
The process of removing the penis from the vagina prior to ejaculation.
It works by having the male partner remove his penis before he ejaculates. Ejaculation occurs outside the vagina, reducing the likelihood that semen will reach the uterus.
The responsibility belongs to the man. He pays attention to stimulation and seeks to withdraw his penis prior to ejaculation.
Typical use of withdrawal, which is how most people use it, has a failure rate of approximately 18-19%. You should take a pregnancy test if you are experiencing any pregnancy symptoms.
What are the side effects or health risks of withdrawal?
Outside of the transmission of sexually transmitted diseases, it does not possess any side effects or health risks as a means of birth control.
Yes. It does not have any effects on either the male or female reproductive function. It is possible to get pregnant immediately if withdrawal is no longer used.
What about withdrawal and sexually transmitted diseases (STD’s)?
It does not prevent the vagina from coming in contact with your partner’s skin. Also, because of pre-ejaculate excretions, withdrawal does not prevent the vagina from coming in contact with bodily fluids. As such, it should NOT be considered as a means for protection against the transmission of sexually transmitted diseases.
- The Pros:
- Withdrawal can be used every time
- Withdrawal may be added to other forms of birth control to increase effectiveness
- Withdrawal is free
- Withdrawal does not require a prescription or manipulation of some mechanism
- The Cons:
- Withdrawal is not considered the most reliable form of birth control
- The woman must have complete trust on the man’s ability to withdraw
- Pre-ejaculation, which may contain sperm, occurs without the knowledge of the man
- Some men have difficulty timing their withdrawal
Contents Birth Control Pills: Benefits, Risks and Effectiveness What if I forget to take some of my oral contraceptives? What are the side effects or…
Contents Birth Control Patch: Side Effects, Effectiveness and Costs What are the Side Effects or Health Risks of the Birth Control Patch? What About the…
Contents Fertility Awareness Method/Natural Family Planning (NFP) Female: Types of Birth Control Contraception is a term used for methods of preventing…
Contents What are the side effects or health risks of female condoms? What about female condoms and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)? Female Condom…
Contents What are the side effects or health risks of male condoms? What about male condoms and sexually transmitted infections (STIs)? Male Condom The…