Why the child does not eat up breast milk (how to understand what is not gorging, signs, reasons and what to do)
A loving and caring mother gives herself to the baby through the main, given to her by nature ability – breast-feeding. With the advent of the baby, Mom cares one of the main questions: what if the baby does not eat up with breast milk? What to do in this case?
In the first hours after birth, a woman’s breast may not produce enough milk, but with proper behavior, the lactation is normalized already on the second or third day. Lead the actions of a nursing woman should the needs of her child. Due to ignorance, fear, inattention, women begin to take care of stable lactation with delay. To avoid this problem, you need to monitor whether your baby is eating enough breast milk.
- Hungry crying – every mother, by the nature of her baby’s cry, is able to determine what it needs;
- Low child activity, retardation;
- A sharp reaction to the approach and smell of the mother;
- Restless sleep or lack of sleep;
- Insufficient number of acts of defecation and urination. Normally a child is able to wet up to 20 diapers a day. The chair after each feeding is also a sign of satiety of the baby and a good assimilation of milk;
- Sucking a finger, the edges of a diaper, smacking with tongue or lips;
- Low weight gain or loss. Determined by control weighed by the pediatrician. The exception is the period of the mother and child’s stay in the maternity hospital within 3-5 days, when the weight loss is considered natural within 10%.
Our posts in social networks. Subscribe: