Why does the baby regurgitate after breastfeeding / after the mixture
Each lactating mother encountered such a phenomenon when their child regurgitates milk after breastfeeding, and if the child is on IV, then after taking the mixture. Basically, this is a normal physiological process in the development of the child, who does not particularly bother him and with whom later the baby, developing physiologically, copes himself. In rare cases, regurgitation is a symptom of the disease, which can be established by a specialist. Of course, young parents are concerned about the reasons why the baby belches, so we’ll try to figure it out.
Regurgitation is the process of ejecting milk from the stomach through the mouth. Is the phenomenon normal when a child spits up milk? It turns out, not always.
- The most common cause of regurgitation in an infant is overfeeding. The milk, which turned out to be superfluous, is naturally removed from the baby’s stomach;
- The cause of regurgitation after eating may be a disruption of the bowel. For example, constipation or colic that creates an obstacle to the normal passage of food;
- Incorrect technique of breastfeeding and, as a result, incorrect grip of the nipple, leading to ingestion along with milk of air, which appears in the stomach below the milk, literally shoots it back (See how to properly breastfeed a baby);
- Also, the reason for this can be insufficient development of the muscles of the esophageal sphincter. This valve is needed by a person so that food does not flow from the stomach into the esophagus. In adults, everything is so, the valve works fine. In infants this sphincter is not developed enough, finally it begins to function only by the year;
- Do not forget about the environmental causes of what is happening. In modern conditions of life, an infant may develop an allergic reaction to the product that adults consider natural. In fact, the fresh fruits and vegetables we buy are not always environmentally friendly;
- Incorrect behavior of parents who immediately after feeding begin to turn the newborn from side to side, squeeze, swing in the stroller, etc .;
- In severe cases, the cause of regurgitation can be various diseases of the digestive system of the baby, the central nervous system or other pathological changes in the body.