Seeds of breastfeeding: the content of vitamins, recommendations for use and choice of product
After the birth of the baby, essential adjustments are made in the daily menu of the nursing mother: some of the usual dishes are under strict prohibition, some are restricted. One of the favorite delicacies of many women are sunflower kernels, which have many useful properties for the adult body. Let’s try to figure out whether it is possible to eat sunflower seeds with breastfeeding without harm to the health of the child.
Sunflower seeds contain such valuable components as amino acids, vegetable proteins, microelements and minerals (potassium, phosphorus, copper, zinc, selenium, cobalt), vitamins D, B, A, E. Some of the nutrients penetrates into breast milk, its composition and having a beneficial effect on the health and development of the child. Sunflower kernels during lactation are especially beneficial:
- act as a natural antidepressant, helping to cope with the crying, anxiety and fatigue of the first weeks of motherhood;
- reduce cholesterol and increase the strength of the walls of blood vessels;
- normalize the work of the intestines, eliminate chronic constipation, which affects many women after childbirth;
- restore the elasticity of the muscular tissue of the pelvic organs;
- contribute to the complete absorption of calcium, necessary for babies and mummies;
- improve the condition of the skin, hair and nails, suffering from a lack of vitamins and hormonal changes during pregnancy;
- strengthen tooth enamel and gums;
- increase appetite.