Whether it is necessary to give water to a newborn child: from what age and at what nutrition does the baby need additional fluid
Becoming a mother, a woman asks a natural question about whether to give water to a newborn. Its immense importance for the body is undeniable, when it comes to an adult man. To give universal advice is impossible, the need for dopaivaniya baby directly depends on the type of feeding and a number of other factors.
Breastfeeding is unintentionally unanimously recognized by specialists as the best way to feed an infant of early age: mother’s milk satisfies all the baby’s needs not only in food, but also in drinking. The liquid contains all the nutrients necessary to the newborn: proteins, fats, carbohydrates, trace elements, vitamins. They account for about 10% of the composition of the product, the remaining 90% – water. This is enough to maintain the water balance at the optimal level.
During feeding on demand, the mother’s body regulates the amount and composition of milk, depending on the conditions. With a large loss of fluid, the baby begins to be more often applied to the breast, resulting in increased consumption of the front milk containing an increased percentage of water.