Intracranial pressure ; what to do?
If your baby sleeps peacefully, eats well, is in a good mood, then there is no cause for concern. Everything is normal. If he is capricious, refuses his breast, worries, then some malfunctions occur in the child’s body, which interfere with him. Maybe it’s the symptoms of some kind of disease. There comes a problem after all the kid does not know how to speak, it is necessary to understand, that happened. One of the causes of anxiety of children may be increased intracranial pressure (ICP). It manifests itself temporarily, which is the norm, and it is constant and it already requires treatment.
- Constant crying, anxiety
- The kid turns his head in different directions
- Regurgitation, vomiting, nausea
- Restless sleep, increased excitability
The main cause of ICP in infants is the lack of oxygen in the fetus during pregnancy or maternity.
This is facilitated by the following factors:
- Very long delivery.
- Heavy or pathological birth.
- Childbirth with a wound umbilical cord (strangulation).
- Toxicosis during pregnancy.
- Detachment of the placenta.
- Reception of prohibited medicines.
To compensate for the lack of oxygen, the brain produces a cerebrospinal fluid. This accumulated fluid in the skull presses on the brain.