The child refuses breastfeeding
Breast milk of a woman is the most suitable food for a baby of the first months of life. It is unique and contains all the necessary microelements and vitamins, which allows the baby to fully develop. Children who are breastfed are less likely to get sick and have strong immunity, and also have a closer relationship with their mother. If a child refuses a breast – many young mothers panic, this is understandable. There are many questions: how can a kid abandon what is vital to him, what is the cause and what to do about it. The correct approach to the situation will allow to establish breastfeeding and continue it for as long as the woman desires.
Breastfeeding a small child often catches a woman by surprise, sometimes causing a slight panic. Many young mothers understand that for the normal development of the baby it is necessary to breast milk and do not want to replace it with special adapted mixtures. This is the right decision, so breastfeeding needs to find an explanation and fix the situation in the shortest time.
The situation when a child refuses a breast is not a variant of the norm. This indicates some problems, because her sucking is the only joy for the baby, available at that age. It is unlikely that a person, even a very small one, will agree to give up pleasure simply. The refusal is as follows:
- the child just does not take the chest in his mouth. It does not matter, one or both at the same time;
- the baby eats quietly during sleep, whereas during the waking period refuses;
- takes a breast, but at the same time shows anxiety, which is expressed in bending, turning away, crying. Often there is a situation where a crumb slightly sucks a breast, throws it, and then again greedily sucked, while discontentedly groans or screams.
In particularly difficult cases, sometimes you need to seek help from a breastfeeding consultant who will tell you how to behave, based on a specific situation. To return the love of crumbs to the chest, mom alone can do the following:
- Pick up a pose in which the baby will be comfortable sucking his chest. The obligatory condition is the convenience of the mother. You can buy a special pillow for feeding or feeding prone, it all depends on the characteristics of a particular pair of mom-baby. When feeding, the woman should be completely relaxed and think about the baby.
- Make sure the correctness of the capture of the breast - the sponges of the crumbs should be slightly turned outward, and in the mouth there is not only a nipple, but also a halo.
- Ensure complete rest during the feeding: be in a room with a familiar crumbs setting, exclude the walking of other people and any sounds.
- Ask for help from close people - during the time of training to the breast, it is necessary to spend a lot of time next to the child. Only constant physical contact with the mother will allow the baby to relax, trust her and take the breast.
- Offer a baby a chest for any squeak. That is, in any incomprehensible situation to offer a breast, no matter because of what he groans or cries, any manifestation of anxiety should end with attachment. Later it will be possible to adjust the feeding, but for the time of the fight with the refusal everything should happen exactly this way.