Why the newborn has red cheeks
The red cheeks of the baby are not always indicative of the excellent health of the crumbs. They can signal to the mother about the existing disorders in the baby’s body, especially if it is accompanied by rashes, skin flaking and fever. Skin covers of the child are extremely tender and highly sensitive to various pathologies in their body and environment.
The reasons why children can have red cheeks
- Inflammatory process in the body.
- Infectious diseases, such as baby roseola, bacterial sepsis, meningitis, pneumonia.
- Disorders of the cardiovascular system.
- Systemic lupus erythematosus.
Do not represent a threat to the health of the child:
- Excessive motor activity.
- Walk in cold windy weather.
The most common causes of red cheeks in infants
In children, most often there is an exudative form. It is a harbinger of food allergies.
What are the symptoms of this ailment?
- The appearance of bright pink spots not only on the cheeks, but also on the flex surfaces of the extremities, near the eyes. The rash may increase in size, inflame and crack.
- Peeling and dry skin.
- Forming diaper rash and sweating.
- Formation of crusts on the scalp.
- The appearance of severe itching, which causes anxiety to the baby.