Lactostasis of the breast and its treatment
Every nursing mother knows that there is such an unpleasant phenomenon as breast lactostasis. It must be guarded and avoided whenever possible. But is lactostasis so terrible and what does it look like?
Lactostasis; stagnation of milk in the breast of a nursing woman.
This is literally the case: with lactostasis, the movement of milk along the ducts is disrupted and the so-called milk plug is formed;.
Perhaps, lactostasis has not bypassed any feeding mom, however, someone is confronted with stagnation of milk every month, and someone once for the whole experience of breastfeeding. One can single out the most popular causes of lactostasis:
- A rare change in the position of the body. For example, a mother can feed a baby for a long time in one position or constantly sleep on one side. Some parts of the breast can be squeezed and not emptied in time;
- Passing ducts underwear. Many mothers, especially at the stage of lactation, when the milk flows from the chest on the tides, constantly wear a bra, including not being removed for the night. In the underwear, some milk ducts may be pinched, which causes difficulty in the movement of milk in them;
- Stress and accumulated fatigue can also affect the condition of the ducts of the mammary glands. The ducts are spasmodic and the outflow of milk in this place is disturbed;
- The cause of lactostasis may be an increase in the viscosity of milk. This occurs after eating some foods (such as nuts), or from insufficient amounts of liquid (especially in hot weather);
- Provoke stagnant milk can be constant expression. Some mothers who want to establish a natural feeding, are confused by the recommendations of grandmothers, and sometimes pediatricians, that to express the breast until the end is needed after each application. Since milk is produced in response to sucking, or in other words, in response to the devastation of the breast, the expression of additional volume by the body is regarded as a signal about the additional need for milk. As a result, there is much more for the next feeding of milk: the volume, sucked up by the baby, is filled up, and on top – the volume of expressed milk. The child with this huge amount can not cope, the chest is full. Mom tries to fix the situation again and gets into a vicious circle with constantly full chest and stagnation of milk;
- Sometimes milk stagnation occurs as a reaction to weather change. This is difficult to explain, but the consultants on HW note a surge of calls with lactostasis in such periods.
Симптомы распознать не сложно:
- Локализованное набухание молочной железы, внутри которого можно нащупать уплотнение;
- Болезненность места закупорки протоков;
- Покраснение груди в том месте, где произошел застой;
- Повышение температуры. Если температура на градуснике приближается к 39 – это опасный признак, который может означать начавшиеся гнойно-воспалительные процессы в груди. При такой температуре обязательно нужно показаться доктору.
Причины, признаки, что делать и что важно помнить кормящей матери о лактостазе
С лечением лактостаза, (если этот процесс еще не достиг критической точки), любая мама справится самостоятельно в домашних условиях. Все действия при этой проблеме призваны восстановить движение молока в закупоренном протоке ; то есть попросту необходимо расцедить застой.
Write to me on please if possible, how to contact her! She helped me a lot! I want to do something in response, something pleasant.
I flew on the plane and contracted and fed from the bottle, after which the chest swelled up stagnant wild pain. The temperature at first was not great on the second day. 39 for 3 days, already at 40, I was self-treated, my chest was distended and the temperature was kept. Caused an ambulance doctor said to drink immediately one pill nospy plus paracetamol when sweat pierces wipe with vinegar mixed with water 50/50 managed to knock down the temperature on the fourth day all passed