Kvass and breastfeeding
All young mothers during breastfeeding are concerned about the correctness of their diet, tk. many products directly affect the composition of breast milk and, accordingly, on the health of the infant. Certain foods and beverages raise particular doubts. Kvas also applies to such.
Doubts about the use of kvass in nursing mothers usually arise for the following reasons:
- Kvass contains a small percentage of alcohol, which through breast milk acts on the baby’s kidney;
- Kvass is a fizzy drink, which means it can provoke stomach problems in a child;
- Kvass is cold, and cold drinks are contraindicated in breastfeeding.
The optimal solution for leavening; The question in this case is a compromise: kvass and breastfeeding are compatible, but you can drink it no more than 1 glass a day and only natural. And those arguments against, which usually frighten moms, can not be fully called truthful. Let’s try to understand why.
- Kvass does contain a small amount of ethyl alcohol; not more than 1,2%. Ethyl alcohol is formed in kvass as a result of natural fermentation, as, for example, in kefir. In this volume, this substance is safe for the body, in addition, the body and so contains ethyl alcohol in small amounts, even if a person does not drink alcohol at all. Kvass is not considered to be alcoholic or low-alcoholic beverages, it can be consumed by a lactating mother and drivers.
- Formulation; carbonated drink; to kvass is only partially applicable. Natural kvass contains gas, but it appears naturally there as a result of fermentation. Kvass, poured into plastic bottles and sold in any supermarket – soviet is another matter. By and large, this is ordinary; soda; with the taste and aroma of kvass. The gas in such beverages appears in an artificial way. Such kvass can cause problems with the tummy. Even natural kvas with caution is worth to drink mothers who have problems with the gastrointestinal tract. The reaction of crumbs to natural kvass is hard to predict: some babies suffer from gazikami, others do not show any concern. Here, only gradual introduction of kvas into the diet and observation will help.
- Icy drink is not useful to anyone, especially in extreme heat. Nursing mother and truth should make a choice in favor of warm drinks, but 1 glass of slightly cooled kvass will not harm lactation.