Is it possible to breastfeed a mother watermelon?
Watermelon for many is one of the most favorite berries. It perfectly quenches thirst and contains a lot of vitamins and minerals. Watermelon contains folic acid, which is very useful for mom and baby.
Some mistakenly believe that the berry does not carry any benefit, but only a lot of sugar and water. But this is far from the case. Watermelon is the source of many vitamins and trace elements that a woman needs so much during lactation.
Sugar in the fruit differs from all of us habitual: it consists of fructose, glucose and sucrose. These types of sugar do not contribute to the process of fermentation in the gastrointestinal tract, and because of this the probability of increased gas formation is minimal. If a newborn has frequent colic, then the nursing mother can eat this berry.
Its pulp contains such useful substances:
- pectin. Promote the digestive tract;
- iron. Helps to avoid anemia;
- folic acid. Also helps to fight anemia, well affects the nervous system – soothes the mother after a difficult day;
- panthenolic acid. Helps normalize sleep.
- vitamins A and C. Strengthen immunity, give strength and energy.
- Beta-carotene is a powerful antioxidant. If the nursing mother will eat watermelon at least two or three times a week, this will help the rapid removal of harmful substances and toxins from the body;
- other microelements, which are very necessary for feeding: magnesium, phosphorus, calcium.