Is it necessary (and can it be) to give water to newborn children with breastfeeding, artificial, mixed feeding? Water with hiccups
A newborn baby with pleasure sucks a breast or a bottle, regularly sends the natural needs, develops accordingly to the age. It seems that everything is in order, but practically every mother has a lot of options for situations, do we do everything right? . One such question is the thirst problem; the baby. Is it possible to give water to newborn children, and does it need extra liquid, especially during the hot season?
It seems that drinking water is simply necessary for every person, especially a very small one. However, in the case of infants, not everything is so clear. So is it necessary to give ordinary water to a newborn or can you do without it? And if you can give water, then when, from when?
The need for drinking water of a child depends on the method of feeding the baby: thoracic, artificial or mixed.
Water to a newborn baby with breastfeeding
The dilemma with drinking water for a baby can be solved quickly by considering the composition of the female milk. Breast milk in its composition contains 90% of water, the remaining 10% is fat, protein, carbohydrates, essential trace elements and vitamins. As seen, when breastfeeding a newborn receives a sufficient amount of water.
The question of whether it is necessary to give water to newborns during breastfeeding has the following solution: the baby does not need water. After all, an excessive amount of liquid will fill the baby’s small stomach volume, and it will not be enough for the right amount of breast milk. As a result, my mother will have to express excess, otherwise the amount of milk produced in the breast will drop sharply.
Up to two months to give the baby water is not worth it. On the third month in the hottest time, if the baby sweats or if it dries in your mouth, you can offer him water, but only from a spoon. First, the use of a bottle with a pacifier often leads to a rejection of breast sucking (when sucking from a bottle the baby makes less effort). Secondly, there will be less problems with lure in the future, because the baby is already used to using a spoon.
Most importantly, water should only be offered, but not watered by force. You need to do this between feeding in a small amount (one or two sips). The child is better than everyone else, knows what they need: they want, they will drink water, and they will not just spit it out. And it’s better just to put the baby in the hot time more often, because the first portion of milk is not very fatty (it even differs in bluish color), and the child can do without water.