We treat a cough in an infant with folk remedies
If an infant has coughed, it is necessary to begin treatment with a doctor’s call. The baby’s organism is very tender, the metabolic processes in it are accelerated. Moderate inflammatory process sometimes quickly turns into an acute condition. Deciding how and how to properly cure a newborn baby, it is necessary to determine the cause of its occurrence. Most often the cause of coughing can be:
- Allergic reaction;
- Inflammation of the larynx;
- Inhalation of a foreign body or its clogging with liquid;
After the pediatrician determines the nature of the cough, he can advise parents to combine the use of traditional therapy and treatment with folk methods. This speeds up the healing process and does not give a lot of side effects.
As an alternative to cough medicines, there are folk remedies for infants that should be used wisely, so as not to aggravate the situation by self-medication.
First and foremost ; Do not warm up and put mustard plasters if the baby has a fever.
Infants up to 2 months of age quickly help get rid of cough onion jam. Onions finely grate, mix in a ratio of 1/1 with honey, let stand about 1.5 hours. Then the juice is decanted. Give every hour for half a teaspoon.
The use of herbs in the form of broths for the treatment of babies is possible from 2 months.
From 4 months of age the baby it is possible to give a herbal decoction made up of mother-and-stepmother and plantain. It is made as follows: a tablespoon of raw material is poured into a glass of boiling water, insisted in a thermos or a warm place for 2 hours, and give the child before eating; 2 tablespoons; for 15 minutes. The mixture has expectorant properties. If the child after it has an emetic effect, then the dosage should be reduced.
Also has a good effect liquorice root. It is recommended to use it in combination with nine-syllable and marshmallow .
All three roots are mixed in equal counts. Take 1 tbsp spoon of the mixture and pour 500 ml of cold boiled water. Insists for 8 hours. Give the child 2-3 times a day for 50 grams
For children up to 2 months, the following recipes will help to speed up the recovery process.
- Honey compresses. Honey cake is kneaded on the basis of honey, adding flour and vegetable oil to it. Cake should get a fairly dense consistency, so that it does not spread after it is placed on the baby’s chest. Some parents add mustard powder to the cake, but it can cause irritation to the tender infant skin. From 4 months mustard can already be used without restrictions.
- You can warm the baby by putting a compress of camphor oil.
- To warm up the baby is used a pack of mashed potatoes.
- The baby’s breast is scraped with badger fat, and is insulated with a gauze compress.