How to teach a baby to breast after a bottle
Face with the protest of the newborn when you try to feed him with the breast? Do not rush to apply alternative methods of feeding. Having found out the reason of refusal and following a number of useful recommendations, you can accustom your child to the maternal breast.
Almost any future mother is sure that she will breastfeed her baby. And this is not surprising, because breast milk has a very beneficial effect on the growing organism, and also significantly saves the family budget. However, contrary to the expectations of the parents, some newborns do not want to take breasts. They turn away, arched, start whimpering or crying. But do not be discouraged ahead of time, because the baby can be accustomed to the chest.
Do not rush to resort to other methods of feeding. First you need to understand what caused this behavior of the baby. The reason for refusing the child from natural feeding can serve a variety of factors:
- misapplication (How to properly apply the baby to the breast);
- poor health of the baby (malaise, fever, nasal congestion, teething, etc.);
- colic in the baby’s tummy;
- lack of strength to suck the breast (in a premature or weak child);
- addiction to the bottle;
- features of the structure of the chest, for example, too involved, a small or large nipple, which makes it hard for the crumb to take it into the mouth;
- unpleasant taste of milk, changed due to the onset of menstruation or nutrition of the mother by certain products (see what you can and can not eat during the GW period);
- a feeling of discomfort in the baby, which can be stuffy, cold, crowded, etc .;
- a sharp odor from the mother’s body, caused by perfume or deodorant, so that the child does not feel the native smell;
- subconscious fears of the mother, for example, fear of possible painful sensations from feeding;
I'm glad that I did not face such a problem and both my children took my chest without problems. But if this happened, I think I would be confused ..
My little son almost 5months, recently recovered from refusal of breast .. I do not know how to be .. sucks only after hysterics how to teach him back to his chest. and from what it can be so hysterical?
Hello. At me the first child did not take a breast, I was excruciating to give, now also the second child refuses brother a breast, at me a hysterics any more I do not know what to do or make (((help or assist me please
My son does not take his breast, either. I did not have much milk, I ate everything and took pills to cure lactation. Nitsche did not help, and so I decided to give the mixture. We have an hour 2 months. I want to increase lactation. And give the baby breast milk. Who knows what to do next?