How to swaddle a child: choosing the right way and learning how to wrap a baby
Swaddling babies has been widely used for several centuries, and only in recent years, began to gradually lose its relevance. Now there are supporters and opponents of this manipulation, leading arguments for and against. Each mother has the right to decide for herself whether she will apply this procedure in practice, but to know how to swaddle a newborn should all parents, because sometimes there are unforeseen situations.
In Russia, newborn babies were swaddled up to 6 months and longer. There were several reasons for such manipulation:
- Imitation of the mother’s womb. In the last months of pregnancy the baby is in a rather limited space, where he does not have enough room for free movement. Many experts believe that at least the first 3-4 months the baby is in the so-called fourth trimester of pregnancy, when it is important for him to feel himself in a closed space, like a mother in the tummy.
- A stronger sleep. The movements of the baby after birth are very chaotic, and the diaper appreciably restricts them, preventing the crash from waking itself up.
- Preservation of heat. The newborns have poor heat exchange with the environment, because they are easily supercooled and overheated. Properly selected diapers will help maintain the optimal temperature regime, and the position of hands and feet close to each other will help to maintain the required microclimate.
- Reducing the risk of damage and falls. The child can scratch his face, arms and other parts of his body with an unascorated calendula. Still inexperienced, but already agile, when turning over the baby can fall off the edge of the bed. The diaper will limit its freedom and help to avoid unnecessary injuries.
- Ease of use. In the first months of life, it is important to isolate the crumb from various pathogens, especially as long as the umbilical cord does not heal. Qualitatively, ironing a diaper with a hot iron is easier than a suit or slip. Due to the lack of folds and seams, these products dries much faster.
- Absence of discomfort. The delicate skin of a newborn is easily injured. When swaddling, this risk is reduced to almost zero.
- Absence of pressure on the undeformed abdominal wall. Usually, pediatricians are allowed to put on sliders after reaching the infant age of three weeks because of the negative effect of the gum on the tummy.
- The speed of dressing. The screaming babe is much easier to swaddle than to put the handles and legs into all the holes of the panties and blouses.
Nature is very reasonable, and a person is a part of it, especially a newborn. Therefore, it is worth listening to your child and then there will be no problems with the weaning from the diapers. Kroha himself will tell his parents when he will be ready for a new round of development.
Author: Kustareva Christina
Swaddling is often controversial, but today it is not an obligatory procedure. There is also evidence of harm to the physicist.
We disassemble swaddling on the pros and cons, determine the age before which it is better to swaddle and when to finish. Not always m.