How to restore lactation; Top 10 Recommendations
Due to active propaganda and information, most modern moms want to breastfeed themselves, because they realize that this is important and useful for the child. Sometimes circumstances develop in such a way that, despite the great desire to feed, lactation is dying and needs to be restored. Usually this happens in the following cases:
- Lactation crisis. Temporary decrease of milk volume; a normal phenomenon. It is associated with hormonal perestroika, spasmodic growth in the baby, restoration of the menstrual cycle of the mother and even phases of the moon. If you do not miss the moment of the crisis (and it lasts 2-3 days), you can avoid the consequences, additionally stimulating the chest and more often offering it to the baby. After 2-3 days, the volume of milk will be restored, and feeding can continue calmly. If the milk was gone and my mother immediately transferred the baby to the mixture; lactation will decline;
- Termination of feeding due to medical conditions. For example, if the mother is sick and takes medicines that are forbidden under the GW. Also, feeding stops for a while if the mother underwent an operation on her breast. After the illness, breastfeeding will have to be rebuilt;
- Separation of mother and baby. It happens that a mother or baby gets to the hospital and feeding becomes impossible. Sometimes, due to the employment of the mother (training session, personal affairs or the need to temporarily go to work), the child can not receive breasts on demand. In such cases, usually the native feed the crumbs with expressed milk, but because of weak stimulation of the breast, lactation decreases. In order to maintain GV, it is very important after the break to take up the restoration of lactation;
- Wrong organization of GW. It has long been known that the rules of feeding times of our mothers and grandmothers only harm breastfeeding. If a young mother begins to feed by the clock, dopaivat water, give a pacifier and wean the child from night feeding – the baby will suck a little breast and milk will begin to disappear. (Read a great article memo; Fundamental advice for nursing mothers about breastfeeding);
- Stress and overwork. If the mother literally pushes herself into a corner, trying to pull the whole house on her shoulders and keep the high bar of an exemplary wife and mother, she begins to live in constant tension. If the milk is burned out; this means that in the mother’s body, raging; stress hormones that inhibit lactation. (We read on the topic: how not to go insane after giving birth).