How to wean your baby from night feeding with maximum comfort for mom and baby
Exemption from breastfeeding in the night period should pass with the least discomfort for the baby. It can be performed starting from the age of 6 months. Early deprivation of maternal milk adversely affects the physical and psychological health of the crumbs.
Consider how to wean the child from night feeding. Before you start the procedure, you need to carefully prepare and make sure that the crumb feels well.
Special methods for eliminating discomfort or where to start
In order for the instruction to pass as comfortable as possible, favorable conditions should be created. Experts advise to exclude possible irritants and negative factors:
- Teething. If there is a suspicion that the teeth began to be cut, you should give an anesthetic before bed. With the choice of medicine will help determine the pediatrician. There are a number of drugs that relieve discomfort in the gum area. Painful sensations are exacerbated by the evening, so all medicines should be used immediately before leaving for a night rest.
- Microclimate in the room. To the baby feel better, you need to control the temperature in the nursery. Sometimes the baby sleeps restlessly because it’s too cold or hot.
- Food. Bad sleep is often associated with the introduction of complementary foods. New products cause discomfort in the abdomen, so they should not be given at night. The best time to introduce unaccustomed food into the diet is the first half of the day.
- Allergic reactions. Unpleasant sensations in the night period negatively affect the duration and quality of sleep. If allergy symptoms appear, consult a specialist.
- Sleep disorders can be associated with reflux. Most often this is an inoffensive condition, conditioned by the structure of the children’s digestive system. However, if the baby is too often gastric acid enters the esophagus, causing it to damage, it is necessary to inform the pediatrician about it. Dangerous symptoms: abundant frequent regurgitation, refusal to eat, constant crying, low weight gain, cough without symptoms of disease, arching of back and neck in prone position.
- ARI, pain in the throat or ears. The listed diseases negatively affect the condition of the baby. The karapuz often wakes up, becomes irritable and whiny.