How to breastfeed? How to properly apply the newborn baby to the breast?
The appearance of the baby in the world is the greatest miracle in the world. And most of all a tiny and defenseless creation needs a mother and her milk. Pediatricians all over the world constantly urge women to breastfeed, because the composition of milk is so ideal for the child that there is no complete analogue to it. But every year more women face lactation problems and at times to keep food for the baby does not work at all or the period of breastfeeding barely lasts up to six months. Why is this happening? Doctors say that most often the fault is the wrong behavior of parturient women. That is why it is important for young mothers to know how to properly breastfeed, how to properly apply the baby to the breast. Here is an article that will definitely answer this and some other questions (what is important to pay attention to the process of breastfeeding, how to better understand the needs of the child, how to avoid common mistakes and the following troubles) and will allow you, like your baby, breastfeeding is only positive emotions.
So, let’s look at everything in order.
How to properly apply the newborn baby to the breast
Correct application is the golden rule of future success
One of the most important moments that determine the course of the whole subsequent process of breastfeeding, you can confidently call the first application of the baby. Failure here is fraught with a negative reaction from both mother and baby, who can easily give up breast. Most modern maternity hospitals can boast of medical assistance in the matter of the first feeding. But, unfortunately, there are also reverse cases. Therefore, it is important for every woman herself to know the basic principles of the correct application of crumbs to the breast. How to apply to the breast:
- Choose a comfortable posture, given that feeding can last quite a long time and you should not get tired. Feeding a child can be in different positions and, as a rule, every woman chooses for herself what she likes. But the kid during the whole process must necessarily be a tummy to his mother, and his face must be turned to the nipple. In addition, the head of the child should not be rigidly fixed, so that he had the opportunity to adjust the position of the nipple in his mouth and could inform his mother about the end of the feeding (Material with a photo and video of different positions for feeding);
- The spout of the newborn should be close enough to the breast, but not drown in it, for if the baby is reaching for the nipple, then the probability of its superficial capture is high. Especially careful should be women with full breast;
- Remember, the baby’s nipple should take on its own. Do not put it in his mouth. Otherwise, the same wrong grip will be ensured and the following problems also. If the baby grabs only the tip of the nipple, then with a gentle pressure on the chin, the mother can always be released.
Но как понять, что малыш взял грудь правильно? Для этого достаточно лишь обратить внимание на сам процесс кормления. Он должен выглядеть так:
- Малыш захватывает и ареолу, и сосок, а его губки при этом выворачиваются наружу;
- Носик крохи плотно прижат к маминой груди, но не утопает в ней;
- Во время сосания не слышно никаких посторонних звуков кроме глотков;
- Мама не испытывает ни каких неприятных ощущений в процессе.
Summarizing all of the above, we can say one thing; if the nursing mother does everything right, then simultaneously with her own pleasant sensations, she will give a huge benefit and a sense of security to the baby!
We recommend publications on the topic of breastfeeding:
Watch a video on the topic of proper breastfeeding: