How best to feed – on demand or by watch
Briefly, you need to choose the method of feeding that is more convenient for you. Want to know more – read our article.
Probably, before each feeding mother there is a dilemma: to put a crumb to the breast strictly by the clock and to work out a regime, or to let the child eat when he wants it? Both options have both advantages and disadvantages.
In this case, the baby is applied to the chest as soon as he begins to cry, to show a sucking reflex, to show other signs of anxiety and hunger. Grandmothers usually grumble at such mothers: He almost whimpered, and you immediately gave him a breast! .
Nevertheless, this method of feeding has many advantages:
- According to statistics, children who are given a breast on demand, in the future more balanced, calm, confident. My mother listens to the child, allowing him to fully satisfy his needs;
- Such a variant of feeding is an excellent prevention of stagnant milk, mastitis and other problems. All this is due to the timely emptying of the breast, with the fact that milk is formed precisely in the volume that the child needs;
- When access to the chest is not limited, the sucking reflex of the crumb is fully satisfied. Therefore, there is no need for a dummy, because of which there may be problems with speech or malformation of the bite;
- When feeding on demand, a child up to six months of age does not need water and lure (unless the pediatrician has given other recommendations). Both that, and another child receives with mother’s milk. The front milk is easy and quenches thirst well. The back is nutritious, it satiates and provides the growing body with all the vitamins and microcells that it needs. But just to get it, you need to suck for a long time;
- Feeding on demand allows you to adjust lactation and continue to breastfeed as long as you want;
- Attachments to the breast at night are most useful. At night, the mammary glands produce the greatest amount of prolactin, so as a result, a long and successful lactation (the benefits of breastfeeding at night) is ensured.