Fatigue in newborns: causes, treatment
Rarely my mother has never had to face diaper rash in a newborn baby. Usually the first redness on the neck, under the arms, in the groin or on the pope, the red folds of the skin of the feet cause anxiety in young parents. Especially if diaper rash is crumbling, the baby cries or does not sleep well. Applying for advice to relatives and more experienced friends, Mom can get a huge list of recommendations on what to do. Grandmothers will blame all disposable diapers and advise to treat redness using cornstarch. One friend helped cream beponen, zinc powder and panthenol, another cindol, ship cream, the third – Vaseline oil and nystatin ointment. How correctly to treat diaper rash in newborns and what is better to do to avoid their reappearance? To do this, it is necessary to understand the cause of their appearance, to eliminate it, and also to understand that intertrigo are of different types, and, accordingly, they need different treatment.
The skin of a newborn is very tender and vulnerable to external influences. With prolonged contact with moisture, its natural lubricant disappears and a favorable environment for the development of microbes is formed. The situation is exacerbated by fever and the presence of mechanical irritation – skin friction. The reasons for the appearance of a child’s diaper rash may be as follows:
- Prolonged contact with feces. Cal and urine, touching the baby’s skin, cause her irritation, as a result, there are diaper rash in the newborns in the groin and on the pope between the buttocks, around the testicles in the boys. In eliminating the mild degree of these symptoms, the effective agents: beponen, panthenol, Sudokrem, purelane and baneocin.
- Friction about a diaper. It happens that the disposable diaper is misplaced, is too tight, therefore, there is no air circulation. And diapers may not have been chosen of better quality, or they rarely change. All this contributes to rubbing and inflammation of the skin. If these causes are eliminated, the symptoms usually go away quickly.
- Wrong care. To wash the child should be every time there is a change of diaper, it is better to do it with warm running water with household or children’s soap, then just get soaked with soft cloth, and not wipe. It is often necessary to use air baths.
- Allergy. It can occur both on products eaten by the mother, if the baby is breastfed, or on the mixture. For such care products as powder, baby cream for diaper, lotion, for washing powder.
- Overheat. A common cause of diaper rash, if a child is used to wrapping up a house and dressing not according to the weather on the street. At high temperatures, the skin of the newborn sweats, and diaper rash appears, usually in the folds of the legs, under the arms, behind the ear and neck. To avoid this, it is necessary to maintain the correct temperature regime. Help zinc ointment and paste, cindol, fukortsin, vaseline oil.
- Infection, fungal or bacterial. An extremely serious reason, requiring consultation of a dermatologist and implying treatment with medications, a regular cream and zinc powder will not help here. But, fortunately, these reasons are very rare.