Feeding the baby in 5 months: start to introduce new products and make a menu
The ideal nutrition for the newborn is breast milk, containing in its composition all the necessary substances for full growth and development. Approximately half a year or a little earlier the digestive tract of the baby finally adapts to the environmental conditions and becomes able to absorb adult food. We will consider, what should be the menu of the child in 5 months and how correctly to introduce the feeding of infants, who are on natural and artificial feeding.
Lure is called any food of vegetable or animal origin, except for breast milk or its artificial substitutes, obtained by the kids in the first year of life. The age at which it is possible to expand the ration of crumbs is individual and depends on a number of factors:
- type of feeding (new products in the menu of artificial animals usually appear 3-4 weeks earlier);
- the presence of allergies, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract or hereditary predisposition to them;
- the rate of weight gain and growth;
- features of physical development.
Acquaintance with unusual food should be started with caution, following the pediatricians' recommended rules:
- If the child is sick, fussy or has recently undergone inoculation, it is better to postpone the introduction of complementary foods for several days.
- The first time to give a crumb of adult food is desirable during the second or third feeding, so that during the rest of the day you can observe its state of health.
- The prepared dish should be one-component, fresh, warm and have a homogeneous semi-liquid consistency. Mixing different vegetables, fruits or cereals is possible only in the absence of reaction to each of the components.
- Dishes based on vegetables and cereals are best offered before breastfeeding or with a mixture, and juices and compotes, diluted with water, after.
- It is forbidden to add salt, sugar and other spices to baby food.
- The dishes for feeding should be thoroughly washed and rinsed with boiled water before each use.
- Babies should be fed on HS only from a spoon, artificers are allowed to give liquid food from a bottle with a pacifier.
- Each product must be included in the menu not earlier than one week after the introduction of the previous one.
- When signs of an allergy or a disorder of the gastrointestinal tract (diarrhea, constipation, increased gas production, regurgitation, vomiting), it is necessary to stop eating adult food and consult a doctor.
- Do not insist, if the baby categorically refuses to swallow the unusual food. Try to offer a new dish in 1-2 weeks, trying to interest the crumbs.