Beginning of complementary feeding of children in GW
Your baby turned six months old. He still receives mother’s milk and you understand that it’s time to introduce lure! When is it better to start feeding a baby who is breastfeeding? ; It depends on the health of your crumbs. Children’s pediatricians define the semiannual age as optimal for the introduction of complementary foods. Early terms of complementary feeding can provoke the development of atopic dermatitis or GI disease.
By the half-year, the stomach and intestines of the child are already ready to receive other food. However, from any rule there are exceptions, if the weight of your baby is consistently below the norm. then the doctor can offer you to feed crumbs as early as 4.5 months. If the baby shows signs of allergy, doctors will advise you to wait until the diet is changed to seven months.
Whatever the value of mother’s milk, it can no longer provide the baby’s actively growing body with the necessary substances. Organic development of the digestive system requires fiber, vegetable protein, dietary fiber. With age, it will be more difficult to accustom babies to new foods. But the baby has a chewing reflex, the teeth are actively growing, and the bite is formed. Solid food contributes to the development of the baby’s jaw apparatus.
- Use a small spoon (preferably coffee);
- Do not force the crumb to eat everything that you offered. If the baby has no appetite, just do something different with him. And after a while, offer food again;
- In the early days of feeding, give a new product a little, literally a few grams, so that the baby’s stomach gets used to new food. Gradually increase the portion;
- Start a notebook (Child nutrition diary). Write down in it what product you gave to the crumb, when and how much, how the baby’s body reacted to the new food. Records will be useful to you if the baby has something wrong: there will be an upset stomach, an allergic rash, etc. On them you will quickly determine which of the products caused an undesirable reaction;
- It is better, if the kid during feeding will sit in a high chair;
- Introduce another product when the baby’s stomach gets used to one kind of complementary food. The interval between the introduction of new products is from 3 to 7 days;
- After feeding, be sure to attach the baby to the breast. Mother’s milk is still the main meal for babies.