How to express breastmilk: we will understand in the techniques of the process and the debugging procedure
Expressing breast milk is practiced with the goal of normalizing lactation and collecting nutrients for the baby, if for any reason physiological feeding is impossible. Stimulation of milk production in HS is laid in the vicinity of the mother and the baby: the children’s smell and tactile contact act as assistants. However, in a number of cases, an additional mechanical procedure of decantation is necessary, which is necessary for the health of the woman, and for preserving the natural diet of the infants.
The need for the procedure occurs in the following cases:
- absence of a sucking reflex in the baby, as a result of which feeding should be carried out by infusing portions of food into the baby’s mouth;
- severe lesions of the central nervous system, when the newborn is physically unable to seize the nipple with his lips and perform an algorithm of sucking-swallowing action;
- insufficient lactation;
- filling the duct glands to a much greater extent than required by the child;
- stagnation of milk with the formation of obstruction of the ducts;
- maternal diseases incompatible with breastfeeding;
- the appearance of microcracks or other injuries on the nipples;
- short-term weaning of the mother from the child, if necessary to continue the natural feeding and prevent milk stagnation.
To warm up the food, you need to pour the right amount of milk in a bottle and put it in hot water. The container should be taken out and shaken several times, and before feeding it is necessary to check the temperature of the liquid by dropping a small amount of milk on the wrist. If excessive heating is not felt on the skin, you can give the product to the baby.
After feeding, the remaining breast milk can not be cooled again, it should be poured.
Author: Ulyana Orekhova
Such an unpleasant situation, when a child bites the breast during feeding, puts moms at a dead end, many even refuse to.