Dufalac for newborns is the first assistant with constipation and problems with the intestines: calculate the dosage in mind
The child is born with a sterile intestine. In a few months, gradually the digestive system of the baby is enriched with the necessary enzymes and bacteria. During this period, many babies suffer from dysbiosis and constipation. Doctors recommend using Dufalac for newborns for abdominal problems.
Dufalac is a laxative that belongs to the group of prebiotics with the osmotic principle of action. The preparation is available in the form of a viscous syrup of almost transparent color with a face value of 200 ml, 500 ml and 1 thousand ml. A measuring cup is attached to each package for a convenient measurement of the dosage.
And also the drug is released in small bags of 15 ml. This form is for adults.
The active substance Dufalac is lactulose (67%), which is a product of whey. Disaccharide is a white powder that dissolves readily in the liquid. The second component is purified water.
Dufalac allows to solve the problem not only with constipation, but also has a prebiotic effect, allowing for a long time to get rid of stomach problems in newborns. The drug is suitable for single use and for long-term use.
- Laxative medicine according to the instruction is allowed to the newborn from one month.
- The instructions indicate that the laxative Dufalac can be given to the newborn even in undiluted form. But if the baby refuses to drink, then the syrup can be diluted in a small amount of clean water.
- Constipation for constipation should be taken once a day. For the newborn, the daily dosage is 5 ml. For the best effect, Dufalac is best given to the baby right after a night's sleep.
- Dufalac begins to work in a few hours. But the laxative effect largely depends on the complexity of constipation and the individual characteristics of the organism. If after two to three days the child is not emptied, you should seek medical help from a doctor.
- Doctors recommend giving Dufalac starting from 1 ml, and gradually increase the amount of syrup, because due to the drug, the gas formation in the tummy of the baby grows. After 3-4 days, the dosage can be brought to normal.
- Dufalac is also used to treat dysbacteriosis. The average dosage is 2 ml of the drug and the course lasts about two weeks. The scheme of therapy is appointed by the doctor individually.