Diathesis in infants: we study the causes of the allergic reaction and the correct methods of treatment
The term diathesis in pediatrics is called atopic dermatitis of the infant period. The disease characterizes any allergic rash on the baby’s skin. Harmless, according to parents, pathology requires a serious attitude and timely treatment to avoid complications in the future.
Red rashes on the baby’s breast, which parents notice, are the first signs of a violation. To establish a correct diagnosis, the pediatrician will need to reliably determine what causes the allergic reaction of the body. There are several types of diathesis:
- Contact. The rash is the result of direct skin contact with baby shampoos, foams, wet napkins, clothing and other allergens of synthetic origin.
- Respiratory. Problems with the airways most often occur in infants, spending most of the time in poorly ventilated and dusty rooms or in contact with pets.
- Nervous-arthritic. It is a hereditary metabolic disorder, caused by increased excitability of the nervous system of the baby. Diagnosis of pathology in infancy is difficult.
- Allergic. The most common type of disease in children from three to six months, associated with their high sensitivity to food irritants.
- Lymphatic-hypoplastic. A dangerous form of pathology, leading to adrenal and thymus gland dysfunction.
Babies, prone to developing diathesis, require special care:
- All the things a child enjoys should be good quality and hypoallergenic.
- It is necessary to closely monitor the condition of the baby's skin.
- All hygiene products should not cause an allergic reaction. In order to determine the appearance of the rash in time and accurately identify the allergen, it is necessary to use all new shampoos and foams separately.
- Infants with skin rashes should be washed in boiled water with the addition of a string or potassium permanganate.
- Skin folds after each bath should be lubricated with baby cream or oil to avoid dryness and irritation.
- Underwear and diapers should be well ironed on both sides.
Author: Marina Morgunova
Mixture for a newborn should be chosen based on the needs of the baby and his age. Its weight also matters. Dl.