Colic in infants: symptoms and how to save the baby from pain
Intestinal colic is one of the most urgent problems in the first months of a baby’s life. Intestinal colic refers to abdominal pain associated with increased gas production in the intestines of a child. This is due to the adaptation of the gastrointestinal tract of crumbs to the new conditions of post-uterine development. The child begins to show concern, which usually ends in unrestrained, long crying. The first colic in infants can appear through 2-4 weeks after birth and usually go to 3 months . Colic occurs in perfectly healthy children who have a good appetite and normal development.
- Unreasonable anxiety of the child;
- The thigh tightens the legs to the tummy, which indicates a cutting, cramping pain in the stomach or intestines;
- She shrieks screaming for hours, almost always towards evening, although the child has had a good appetite throughout the day and is healthy;
- Sometimes it releases gases;
- Pallor may appear;
- Crying and anxiety of the child begin soon after feeding;
- Sign of food intolerance is a frequent green slimy stool (or, conversely, constipation).
- Incorrect infant feeding technique, when a child swallows air together with milk. (how to breastfeed)
- If the baby is on artificial feeding, the bottle should be at an angle of up to 45 °, so that the air accumulates at its bottom.
- Overfeeding. Consumption of large amounts of milk can cause gastric secretion and regurgitation. In this case, it is better to feed the baby more often, but in small portions.
- Unsuitable mixture (Cmhow to choose a mixture correctly).
- Inadequate ration of nursing mother.
- Colic is more common in children if the nursing mother smokes.
ATTENTION , if the nursing mother at GW drinks tea containing fennel, cumin, melissa, anise, then the colic in infants can be avoided completely! Keep this in mind!
Breastfeeding mother who breastfeeds the baby is best excluded from her diet:
- Dishes with the addition of spicy seasonings;
- Cow’s milk and some dairy products;
- Products containing caffeine;
Our posts in social networks. Subscribe: