Can carrots be breastfed?
Nutrition of the nursing mother should be useful and balanced, because breast milk is the main source of consumption of vitamins and minerals necessary for the full development of the child. In order not to harm the crumb, experts recommend taking special care to consume fresh fruits and vegetables. Most of what we consider healthy, for the baby, can lead to negative consequences in the form of an allergic reaction. That’s why new moms often have different questions like: Is it possible for a caring mother carrots? .
For many years, carrots are considered an integral part of most dishes: soups, salads, casseroles, etc. In addition, it is used for medicinal purposes. Despite the fact that according to its color, it is considered an allergenic product, carrots are very useful and it is not recommended to completely eliminate it from the diet.
Useful properties of carrots during breastfeeding
Bright orange coloration of the fetus is not a reason to refuse to use it, even during breastfeeding. A rich and fairly diverse composition of carrots will bring a lot of benefits to both the mother’s body and her baby.
Composition and benefits of the fetus:
- Vitamin A is the main constituent of the vegetable. Thanks to it, the aging process of the body slows down, eyesight, hair structure, skin is smoothed.
- Vitamins of group B have a positive effect on the efficiency of the brain, cardiovascular and nervous system, thyroid gland. Promotes the formation of new cells, which is important for the newborn. It gives the hair and skin a healthy appearance, prevents the appearance of acne, acne, dermatitis. Normalizes the emotional state, especially important in the postpartum depression.
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) – has a protective effect on the body. Strengthens immunity, prevents the influence of respiratory diseases. Promotes acceleration of the process of wound healing. It removes toxins and toxins.
- Vitamin E normalizes the hormonal background of a woman. It gives courage, improves mood, prevents the development of cancer.
- Potassium provides oxygen to the brain. Normalizes the water balance. Stabilizes the work of the cardiovascular system.
- Calcium promotes the formation and strengthening of bones, teeth, nails, both in the mother and in the child.
- Sodium stabilizes the salt and water balance.
- Iron increases the level of hemoglobin in the blood.
- Magnesium positively affects the nervous and digestive system, prevents the formation of stones in the gallstones
We will understand whether it is possible to cranberry when breastfeeding or not, let's talk about its benefits and harm. In the period of feeding the baby.