Can I breast-feed at the temperature: what is the danger for the baby in case of refusal of lactation for the duration of the disease
Heat in a nursing woman, caused by colds or hormonal changes, is a normal reaction of the body. By itself, hyperthermia does not affect the quality of milk, the standard temperature of which is about 37 ° C. But sometimes this unpleasant symptom can be a sign of a serious illness. It is the presence of infection that determines whether it is possible to breast-feed at a temperature.
There are many causes of heat during lactation. Most often, the following are the reasons for contacting a doctor:
- Reorganization of the body after childbirth is often accompanied by an increase in temperature to 37-38 ° C. This is a natural reaction of the immune system to the release of a large number of hormones. Treatment is not required, you just need to follow the dietary rules for a nursing mother, get a healthy full sleep and a profuse warm drink. All this will help the body to cope faster with providing the baby with the necessary amount of milk.
- Viral seasonal infections are accompanied by fever, chills and other accompanying ARVI symptoms. With mild indisposition, you need a warm drink in the form of warmed-up homemade milk, tea with raspberry jam or honey, green tea with the addition of dill infusion. It is best to stop the pills, and in the absence of serious complications, let the body cope with the viruses on their own.
- Stagnation in the mammary glands and mastitis are accompanied not only by pain in the chest, where the lumps of milk are swollen, but hyperthermia is higher than 38 degrees. Feeding should not be discontinued unless otherwise recommended by the physician. It is necessary to limit the use of liquid. Drinking warm tea and other drinks provokes the production of milk. In the presence of pathology, this can lead to aggravation of the inflammatory process.
- Infections of the genitals provoke a deterioration in overall well-being. If a woman is diagnosed with crotch or cervical ruptures during childbirth, a serious inflammatory process may develop. The temperature in most cases will stay at 37 degrees. It is always necessary to see a doctor and take all the necessary tests. In a special zone of risk are women who have not completely cured genital tract infections before childbirth. Thrush and other pathologies can recur, hampering the recovery of the reproductive system. Also, the infection can get into the blood and spread quickly. Therefore, if you suspect that the disease of the genital tract has worsened, you must follow all the doctor’s recommendations regarding the treatment of the mother and lactating the baby at a temperature.
- Suppuration of the area of suturing is necessarily accompanied by hyperthermia, if the doctor did not observe the sanitary norms. Threads that were not removed in time begin to decompose inside the genitals, releasing toxins. In recent years, surgeons very rarely use potentially hazardous materials. The most commonly used fibers are those that dissolve themselves after a certain time. If the doctor recommends that you visit a gynecologist to extract the strands, do not aggravate the situation and postpone this mini-operation.
It is necessary to carefully monitor the dosage of drugs, since an overdose of the drug has a negative effect on the liver. Do not use a daily dosage of drugs without special need to avoid negative consequences.
Other drugs to use a nursing mother is strictly prohibited. Separate components of aspirin and other drugs can cause severe poisoning of the baby and dysbiosis, as well as serious disorders in the fragile stomach, leading to irreversible consequences.
Author: Zhanna Tebenkova
Proper nutrition from the first days of life will adjust the correct mode of the day for the baby. It is important to give maximum attention to this.