A child does not eat breast milk
Breast milk for a baby is a storehouse of vitamins and beneficial microelements, not a single mixture will replace such a natural diet. What can serve as an obstacle to healthy child nutrition? Perhaps the lack of milk from the mother or the child’s rejection of the breast. We will try to understand the reasons for the baby’s refusal from breast milk.
Breastfeeding most often manifests as follows:
- reluctance is from both breasts;
- preference for only one breast;
- the child eats only in a dream;
- eats intermittently (something sucks, then throws);
- repels, turns away or cries.
In case of such a problem, it is necessary to get a doctor’s advice, only a specialist is able to establish the real reason for giving up breast, and suggest ways of solving the problem.
Let us dwell on the main reasons for the child’s rejection of the breast.
1. Excessive tension of the breast can make it difficult to suck the milk, you should start feeding in a relaxed and calm state. Breast milk to a child will be easier to suck if before breast-feeding do a light breast massage. Make a warmer shower warmer, try to change the pose, take the position where the milk flows easily to the nipple, if the child does not eat well, it is worth applying light strokes of the breast right in the process of feeding;