In my family, all the women were predisposed to varicose veins, and grandmother and mother. Therefore, I decided to engage in the prevention of this unpleasant disease. After all, it is known that it is easier to prevent than to engage in treatment.
In addition, it does not require any serious and time-consuming costs, so why not take it up to conduct and protect yourself from this serious trouble.
I not only visited the phlebologist regularly and ate well, but also made sure that my legs got a systematic rest. Without this measure it is impossible to ensure the outflow of blood and fluid from the blood vessels.
In ancient times, varicose veins were treated very harshly – by cauterizing stunted veins and strong bandaging of the legs with dense tissue.
I began to carry out prevention even before I showed any signs of this disease. After all, no one is protected for life. Due to improper lifestyle, low physical activity, smoking, wearing tight clothes and genetic predisposition, varicose veins can appear at any time.
My preventive measures for varicose veins are simple and accessible to every woman:
1. I try to wear comfortable and loose shoes, making sure that the heel height of everyday shoes does not exceed five centimeters. I wear heels only on holidays, 2-3 times a year.
At work and at home, I immediately change my shoes and wear footwear without heels. In the evenings, I rest my legs, make cool baths, arrange self-massage, and after that I throw my legs to an elevation for about 15 minutes.
2. I don’t wear tight and tight clothes, I forgot about tight belts and elastic bands.
3. If I go to the sea, I walk a lot barefoot, especially on a pebble beach.
4. Practically excluded salty, spicy, smoked food and alcohol. These products impair blood circulation and contribute to thrombosis.
5. A good prevention of varicose veins is an active lifestyle, gymnastics and sports. With the development of the disease load on the legs should be sharply limited, but you can engage in exercises that improve the blood flow to the limbs.
6. Since I have a sedentary job, I try to get up from time to time, walk on my toes, do other simple exercises. When I sit, I do not throw my legs, because this habit disrupts normal blood circulation.
7. I have not taken a hot bath for a long time, I do not go to the sauna, and after taking a bath I always rinse my feet with cool water.