At 2 years, it’s time to start consolidating knowledge about flowers. Of course, we have already tried to draw the child’s attention to the fact that all objects are painted in their own way. But now, when the son began to show interest in flowers and tries to remember their names, we try to support his aspiration.
My method of teaching flowers
I must say that there is nothing special in this method. Simply, it seems to me that the most correct thing is to act like this:
one. As soon as possible to begin to tell the child not just Take the typewriter, but Take the green typewriter. Do not just click on the button, and click on the yellow button. Where is your hat? Where is your blue hat? etc.
2 Showing the child flowers, grass, sky and everything else, call it color.
3 When the child makes it clear that he is interested in the colorfulness of the world, you need to immediately catch his interest and offer him various games to study colors. As we have done.
Color Learning Games
Recently, the son began to tell us what color things around him. So far he has basically all red (this is probably the most memorable name). Always correctly calls white. He accurately remembered it.
So what are we playing?
1. Picking up a pyramid. The pyramid is a favorite multi-functional toy of all generations. My son likes to call colors, namely, collecting (or deciding) a pyramid. Stringing rings, he calls the colors. And we either confirm the correctness of his words or correct him if he was mistaken. He repeats the correct name.
2. Clothespins Recently, we were presented with an equally useful and multifunctional game. With its help, you can develop fine motor skills, study objects and animals, and memorize colors. And here you can focus on matching colors with certain objects. For example, the tops of a carrot are green, and the rain from a cloud is more correctly made blue.
3. Collecting items by color. For some reason, while the son does not want to lay out items in multi-colored pile. I fold, and he mixes everything up. But I think he will gradually understand how interesting this game is.
4. Drawing. The most fertile soil for studying flowers. While I try not to confuse my son, I buy paints of the most basic colors. When we draw, I naturally call what color we painted the house, the flower or the sun.
5. Multi-colored cards. I downloaded pictures from the Internet and printed them out. We will simultaneously learn colors and memorize the names of objects. For a start, I think not to cut them into separate small cards.
6. View cartoons. There are special children’s cartoons that help to study colors. But lately we want only Masha, so I try not to include anything at all. By the way, instead of cartoons you can find games for kids. Today we tried one such. Interestingly, only it is very difficult for a child to explain that it is impossible to sit at a computer for a long time.
When should a child know colors?
The child should know the basic colors by the age of 3, but by this time he can already remember the shades. Of course, if you try very hard, even up to 2 years old you can teach your child to distinguish colors. For some reason I do not see the point. It will take more time, so it will be in the scherb something else.
In general, I am sure that in order for a child to remember several primary colors, it will be enough if you often call the colors of the world around us and if you draw with it.