I want to share the positive experience of my aunt. She is a mother of four children. Who, no matter how she, understand the desire of parents who want their children to read quickly and competently.
My mother taught me to love reading from the very birth, when I read to my children pies and sang lullabies for the night. Reading at night turned into a good habit. Now her children can not go to bed without a book.
Her eldest daughter Lena learned to read in three and a half years. And by the time she was five she already read fluently. Now Lena is studying in the 4th grade. She has a well developed speech and memory, she can correctly retell texts. Thanks to reading the child has developed a literate letter. In the children’s library, she received a diploma, as the best reader.
Remember, only your interest and desire to help can make a miracle, and your child will acquire the love of the book and the skill of fast reading. The main thing is to do everything with love, and do not forget to praise your child for any success.
Learning to read children is the key to successful child learning in school. Therefore, parents should take care of developing a proper and quick reading in a child, instill love for him.
In the process of reading, all cognitive processes are involved: speech, thinking, memory, perception, hearing, sight, and others.
The child must learn to read at a speed close to the speed of speech. It is believed that the optimal reading speed is 120-150 words per minute. It is at this pace that the material is absorbed better.
In the process of learning, the child must master the culture of reading, learn to work independently with the text, to correctly perceive works of art.
Why can’t some children learn speed reading?
First, the attention and memory of the child are low. The child is difficult to concentrate on reading, so the speed decreases.
Secondly, some children have underdeveloped articulatory apparatus.
Thirdly, the child has a weak vocabulary.
Fourth, there are some visual impairment.
Fifth, an incorrectly selected work (a work that is not by age) affects the decrease in reading speed.
But parents and teachers do not lose hope to teach their children correct and fast reading.
How to do this?
1. When reading works to a child, ask him to read something to you too. For a start, let it be short and interesting texts.
2. Try, so that the child read not long, but often. Because a child gets tired from a long reading and less information is absorbed.
3. Raise the child’s self-esteem. Read the familiar text several times for speed. This way you can show the child that he can read faster.
4. Use different tongue twisters to develop child’s speech clarity, and it is helpful to memorize them to develop memory.
5. Engage with your child the development of articulation. Improve pronunciation and voice clarity.
6. Teach your child to read silently. Note the time. In my mind, the child will be able to read faster.
7. Use exercises to develop attention and vigilance. Ask the child to call the extra letter, read the word on the contrary, upside down.
8. Make up games, for example, reading all consonants, inserting missing letters, etc.