It would seem that I can know about the upbringing of a boy, if she herself has two daughters? That’s right, I really don’t know anything about this! But to reflect on the topic of educating these men I was pushed by a fellow student who happened to meet at the bus stop.
We talked, recalled student life, and next to us stood a serious five-year-old peasant – Mashin’s son. Moreover, my classmate is engaged in raising a child alone, as the husband, unable to bear the family life, ran away six months after the birth of her son.
We went to the bus, where there was a lot of empty seats, I suggested to Artyomka to sit down, to which he replied with self-respect: I’m a man, I’ll stand! He said it quietly, but it seemed to me that the guy sitting next to me somehow deliberately delved into studying a mobile phone. I was a little taken aback by this position of a five-year-old boy, but after talking with Masha, I understood everything …
I remember very well the boys from the daughter of the sandbox. Their mothers often say the phrase do not cry, you are a man or give change! Masha chose a different path. And this way helps her bring up not a dicky and a mama’s son, but a real man.
Masha is not a psychologist, not a teacher, and she has no idea how to competently raise children, and even more so, sons. The boy has no father, no grandfathers either, so Artem had no example of a real man before his eyes. At first, I was worried that Theme had no father, and then I realized that there was better no example than a selfish and narcissistic creature before my eyes! – tells me a classmate.
Masha did not develop a special code of conduct for her son. She created rules for herself!
- Allow yourself to kiss and hug a son. Why? Because it is a manifestation of love and tenderness. And when the son grows up, he too will be able to show these feelings. Yes, and let him cry. From resentment, from anger, from surging feelings.
- Do not raise a child in public. It’s humiliating. A man is doubly.
- Artem was born a man, and you don’t need a man to remind you.
- Tell your son about your feelings, emotions, condition. So that he understands that people around him can be just as bitter, painful, scary or sad as he is.
- Never shy away from questions with a phrase you are small – you will not understand.
- Yes, he does not have an example of a man in the family, but this does not mean that he lives on a planet where there are no men at all. There are hundreds of examples, both positive and negative. Simply, we do not pay attention to them.
I don’t know if the features of the character or indeed these rules make Artyomka not to sit in public transport, help her mother carry a package with food, feed a yard puppy … At the same time, Artyom, like all boys, is fighting in the garden, tearing tights, something can break or break up.
I closed my eyes and made a guess: let my daughter, after a few decades, meet just such an Artemka, reliable, calm, independent on its way.
Mothers boys, how do you educate your men?