Most recently, my child was lying in the arena and snorting peacefully. Then he began to sit, walk, and after a while he was already running quite fast. In the stroller, he almost did not go. Could sit there when chewing something. In another case, he shouted and asked for his hands, later he began to just walk. First, for two hands with my mother, and then myself. Therefore, we started thinking about buying him a tricycle friend.
My son’s desire to walk on his own is wonderful. But sometimes I need to go to the store and to the market, when my hands should be free, and there is no possibility of leaving it with someone else. And then the decision came by itself. You need to buy him a bike. The purchase came last spring. We were very afraid that the son would refuse to sit on the bike. But no. Our choice came to his liking.
1) You never need to buy a bike for growth. You must choose according to his age.
2) The bike must be stable, so you need to take it with three wheels.
3) It must have seat belts or some kind of restraints, because at such an age it is dangerous to leave the baby unbuttoned.
In accordance with these rules, we bought a bicycle for the child, although it looked more like a stroller.
What to consider when buying
When buying a bike, we paid attention to the following criteria.
1) The presence of seat belts or sides, because Falls are possible at this age.
2) The presence of a comfortable chair with a back so that the baby’s back is not in constant tension.
3) It is imperative that the baby’s legs have a place to put it. Those. should be devices for the legs, because most often they don’t reach the pedals at this age.
4) There must be a pusher handle. Since the child cannot control the bike and pedal himself in a year, such a handle allows you to control the bike and push it forward.
5) Protection from rain and sun. Most often the child rides a bike in the summer, in the heat or the sun. Therefore, it just needs to be protected from heat stroke. Most often, the visor can be folded or removed if it is not needed at the moment.
6) The trunk. The child is still small and during the walk may require a toy or a little water. Also, when you go to play in the sandbox in another yard, you need to take a rake and a shovel. Therefore, the trunk is absolutely not an extra attribute.
7) Wheels and bicycle frame
The frame should be metal or plastic, but most importantly it should be durable and reliable. And the wheels should be rubber, wide, and most importantly stable. Of course you can buy a bike with plastic tires, but then the whole street will hear that you went for a walk.
We bought a Lexus Trike bike for the child, and absolutely did not regret it. It is not cheap, but you should not save on child safety. It includes all of the above rules. And besides, it is designed for a child up to five years.
This year we are going to remove the handle-pusher, safety limiter and leg supports. We get a regular tricycle. One more thing. It is desirable that the bike had a brake and steering lock for easy handling.
Happy shopping and a good choice!