We have the first baptism of fire – the first time our nose was broken. This is the most common cause of bleeding from the nose, but the most important thing is not to get lost and not to panic. To stop bleeding from the nose, you need to follow a few rules that helped stop the bleeding from the nose of my baby:
– it is not necessary to throw the head back to the child, as this causes gagging, stimulation of blood flow to the head, and, therefore, an increase in bleeding;
– it is forbidden to tilt the child’s head during nosebleeds so that the baby does not breathe blood into the bronchi;
– it turns out that it is absolutely useless to cover the child’s nose with a handkerchief;
– To stop the blood flow, you need to tilt the child forward. Due to this, the vessels under the action of oxygen will clog the bleeding with a blood clot;
– To speed up the process of thrombosis, that is, to stop the bleeding, you need to attach something cold to the nose (for example, ice) for a couple of minutes.
Even if a lot of blood is leaked from a broken baby spout, that’s okay. The main thing is to be able to quickly stop the bleeding. If the bleeding cannot be stopped, then there is a reason to consult a doctor for help.
In my case, I considered only one reason for nosebleeds – the fall of the child, but there are other more serious reasons, I will not go into it without having a special medical education =)