I raised two children, so I know well that the development of dental caries depends on several risk factors, including the presence of chronic diseases, the effects of drugs, diet and diet, water quality, and oral hygiene.
It may seem strange, but the occurrence of caries is directly related to the social status of the family. Incomplete families and low-income families are completely absorbed in other life problems and the parents do not always have time to devote enough time to the child. Children eat junk food, for a long time do not visit the dentist.
I regularly conducted adequate oral hygiene for children, limited caries-generating foods in their diets, and took the kids to the dentist’s appointment.
I have always tried to ensure that no one smoked near my children, because passive smoking is also a serious risk factor for health, including for the state of the teeth.
Also, recent research scientists say that there is a direct link between computer radiation and caries disease.
As far as I know, children most often develop caries between the ages of 2 and 3 years, but often this disease occurs up to 2 years.
Causes and treatment methods:
Based on my own experience, I can describe the reasons and recommend some measures for the prevention of caries in children:
1. Caries in my eldest son has developed due to some diseases that I suffered during pregnancy. Therefore, it is necessary to closely monitor the medicines that the expectant mother takes.
2. Problems with teeth in children often occur after they begin to erupt. This is due to poor oral hygiene and poor eating habits.
3. It is very important to timely take away the nipple from the child.
4. In children who drink a long time from a bottle, the so-called bottle caries develops. Especially bad when babies fall asleep with a bottle in their mouths. I tried as quickly as possible to transfer both children to drink from the drinking bowl, and soon I taught the cup.
5. I have always tried to ensure that my children under three do not have a snack between meals. This is especially true of those products that contain large amounts of carbohydrates (candy, chocolate).
6. For dessert, I offered children cookies, drying, fruit, marmalade. And allowed to eat delicacy only after dinner or breakfast, then controlled to thoroughly brush their teeth.
7. In order not to tempt children with forbidden sweets and chocolates, I myself excluded these sweets from my diet and even forbade bringing them to guests. Let it be better to give children books or toys than forbidden fruits harmful to the teeth.