I once wrote a topic about the features of the development of my child. In general, you should always deal with children in order to prepare them for preschool and for school. Today I want to share with readers the experience in classes with the child. Specifically, how to deal with a child who has a mental retardation.
Most recently, we were diagnosed with minimal brain dysfunction. This diagnosis has replaced the previous one. Now all our efforts are going to pull up the daughter to attend regular school.
Classes with a teacher
Although, apart from the backlog, we also have a delay in speech development, I decided to start giving my daughter to classes with a special teacher, and only then to focus on speech.
In the rehabilitation center, where we are registered, I agreed with a special teacher about private lessons, of course, for a fee.
My daughter and I go to the center twice a week early in the morning, since so many children go there for a rehabilitation course and the schedules of specialists are scheduled by the minute.
I preferred the specialist who we had during the rehabilitation course. Very nice woman, my Masha gets along with her.
Lesson takes place in the form of a game. It is aimed at the development of logic, motility, memory and speech. Duration of employment is usually 30-40 minutes. This is quite enough, as children quickly get tired and begin to switch attention to foreign objects.
We come, we greet the daughter and sit down at a small table. Last week, the teacher worked with her daughter as follows:
1. The task of the development of logic and motor skills Balls. Before the child, banks of different colors are placed with colored soft balls in them. In the middle – round holes.
The essence of the task is to get the balls from all the cans and offer the child to stack them by color in the same color cans. Some effort should be made (the holes are slightly smaller than the balls, and you need to press hard so that the ball is in the can). Such jars can be made at home.
You can make a similar option with colorful clothespins. This will prepare the child’s hands for scissors. Clothespins are attached to the container. They need to be removed in turn and attached to the plates according to color, making efforts.
2. The task of logic, speech and thinking Farm. Before the child is a shallow box with improvised grass. Near the box with families of different pets. The child gets one animal. For example, got the bull. The child must say what kind of animal it is.
Then, a cow (mother) and calf (bull and cow baby) are removed from the box. Animals recover to graze on grass. The final stage is the conversation: The cow is the calf’s mother, and the bull is the calf’s dad, the calf is the baby of the cow and the bull. Further, all in the same vein with all other animals.
My daughter sometimes protests and does not want to talk at all. Therefore, we have a little difficult speech in the classroom. It is necessary to literally draw out word by word and make them repeat phrases and sentences.
3. Task Choose an item. For example, take a vase, flowers and a hat. The teacher puts the child a vase and offers to choose what suits her, flowers or a hat. Such items can be as long as you want and you can study at home.
4. Drawing on the stencil on the development of motor skills. Not all children can draw and paint well. My daughter is no exception. I still can not make such stencils for practicing at home.
For example, a hard stencil with a square inside is placed in front of the child. Task – on the stencil draw a square. You can also trace a stencil along the contour from the outside. You can make these blanks yourself, but you can buy in the store.
5. Task for the development of memory Handbag. Different items are put in a small bag (ball, doll, cube, bracelet). The child opens the handbag, pulls out items from it, names and remembers. Items are folded back into the purse. The child must be called what items are in it, without looking inside.
You can start with three items or allow to stick your hand in the bag. Thus, to the touch the child will be able to determine everything that is there.
All the above tasks can be done at home. But it is very important to have the right approach in classes, the right questions, the right organization and tactics of the classes. No matter how hard I try, watching the work of the teacher, at home, I still overlook something.
In addition to classes with a teacher, I try to study at home with a child. We have a whole arsenal of Doman cards on various topics. According to the teacher’s advice, we need to study by cards, not by books. Also, there are various materials like cans with balls, etc.
Classes with a special teacher are not only for special children, it is also an excellent option to correct the behavior of the child before school and organize the workflow, correct the behavior.