You know what the answer to the question will be. Is it possible to beat a child for educational purposes? All mothers and most fathers will answer unanimously – NOT. But experience shows that there are discrepancies between words and actions, and most children remember if not good bashing, then at least slaps or slaps.
Physical punishment is the recognition of one’s weakness and inability to cope with a child without the use of force. I no longer have the strength to endure his antics, whims, nagging – this is how the process begins, as a result of which the baby will receive a bum, and my mother will be tormented by remorse.
But indeed it is sometimes impossible to endure: you give him a fairy tale, a song, and a cartoon for the night, but he is not all right! So I want him to crash so that he calms down and falls asleep. So, I want to – this is one thing, and embed – quite another! Do not allow yourself to beat the child just because you do not know how to cope with it. And if you really want to hit the baby, first hit yourself – only with more force than you were going to hit your child. He’s small, and you’re already an adult.
Spanking is always humiliating for children, as well as for adults. Now, if we were beaten at work every time for not completing the task on time or filling up the project, would you think it would be nice ?! Do not think that slaps are different from strong blows, they also humiliate the child. After all, the baby from birth is a full-fledged person, albeit a small one.
Once I had to call a taxi and drive about two hours. The taxi driver was very sociable, told about the family. From his story I was forever bumped into memory when he said: I never hit my son in my life, I couldn’t even imagine how I could beat him, because he is my flesh and blood, even more! If I slap him, I will be sick twice as much. And if you agree that slapping, braking and beating children is NOT possible, but sometimes you do not know how to cope with anger and emotions, then let’s find ways to refrain from slap
- It helps me to just leave the house for a few minutes while the rage passes. Let the baby cry, but I will return to the room more balanced and calm.
- I remember those moments when the baby was sick and suffered, and how my heart was broken into small parts from being unable to alleviate his pain. The desire to slap the baby disappears immediately.
- My friend, before hitting her child, counts to 10. During that time, the rage disappears or becomes less dangerous for the baby.
- Also try to take a sober look at the situation: is your baby really so guilty, or have you just had a bad day, a quarrel with your parents or husband, premenstrual syndrome.
- Replace the beating with changes in the situation or circumstances. For example, a child roars in a store because he wants a big car. You are not going to buy it. Then just take the child away from the toy and even the store itself. Let him cry. Let others on the street point a finger at you. This is your child, and you bring it up. I focus your attention, bring up, not break his personality.
- Instead of slapping, set the rules. Even if the child does not immediately begin to comply with them. I did not remove the toys – there will be no cartoons. Patience will help establish the rules and teach the child to order.
- Do not compare your child with strangers. Children have a different temperament. Do not punish him for who he is – active, agile, curious. Other children can be phlegmatic, calm.
And most importantly, do not allow yourself to always decide for the child what is best for him. Let him learn from his mistakes. And do not replace physical punishment with equivalent psychological ones. The second is not better than the first. You can not spank the baby, but inspire him that he is stupid, because he is small, unable to follow, clean up, etc.
We raise a child not for his own sake, but for his own sake. An independent self-confident person must grow out of it, he is able to answer for his actions, and not a doll, obedient in everything to his parents. Share your parenting methods without spanking. Or how do you manage your emotions if the children are infuriating?